Re: The Yeti

Post by Alan H »

Just read the book Mike. It put me off being a politician. :lol:
Grammar school eddificated, me.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

I, too, would have had a Grammar education, complete with masters wearing black gowns, except the school turned into a 6th form college the year I arrived. I was among the youngest pupils for 6 years, had lefty teachers who didn't want to teach and pupils from the largest council estate in Europe, just looking for opportunities to flush the heads of softy middle class lads right down the toilet. Which they did. Until one day, the worm turned, I smacked one of them so hard in the face I can still feel it, and they never bothered me again (except to call me 'psycho').
Who, me? :roll:
Mike
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Good man. Hidden depths Mr Yeadon, hidden depths.
senicoli

Post by senicoli »

ah schooldays mike here we go remenis er remenic er recalling the good old days only a worthless secondary education it shows in my spelling I hated every minute of it so I decided to get myself expelled but couldnt find a way one day in the playground the school bully was knocking a 1st former about the red mist descended so I knocked 7 bells out of him :x I can still picture his face now it worked instant expulsion :D went on a coal round next day 10 bob a day never looked back incidentally I am not on the coal round now colin
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

At least none of us appears to have "run away from the circus in order to be an accountant"
https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/John_Major
Mike
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

yeadon_m wrote:At least none of us appears to have "run away from the circus in order to be an accountant"
https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/John_Major
Mike
I think your spelling needs work Mike. Accountant has far too many letters in. A,C,O,A,N,T to be precise.
I don't like that word particularly and avoid it, but the man really is a pee-through. Although to give him the benefit, he is consistent in that and has been over the years..
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

This thread seems to have gone a bit off topic, so to move back, I took a load of stuff to Agbriggs chromers in Leeds yesterday.
20171107_112448_resized.jpg
Let's see what they come back like. There will be more stuff going there soon, but I'm doing it in 'bits' and hoping the wallet moths don't notice!
Fitted the redone headstock a couple of days ago, and kept looking at the frame and thinking 'summat not right there' without realising exactly what,
frame side stand bracket.jpg
then as I was sorting stuff out for the chromers, I found a complete sidestand with bracket that I had thought was off a 380.
I noticed that there are only 2 holes in the sidestand bracket and then checked the nice freshly coated sidestands I have had done and noticed they have three fixing holes. Bugger.
When I was chatting to Richard yesterday we realised that the sidestand brackets on the J and K 550 and 750 only had two fixing holes.
Different brackets1.jpg
Different brackets2.jpg
So the manky sidestand parts are now at the powder coaters. Looks like there will be some ebay listings soon!
Nothing straightforward is there?
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

I suspect that the three hole brackets will fit fine, and seem to remember that the original sidestand on the 550 I had way back then, had a loose sidestand occasionally. I'll fit the correct one however, and put some stickystuff between the frame and bracket which will hopefully hold it in place better.
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Bling a ding-ding! That's sorted another Christmas pressy out for the Yeti.
20171109_194232-1.jpg
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

Very nice, pass my sunglasses 8-)
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!