New to kettles

Here you can post a picture of you and your bike. Also where you are located and if you are prepared to give local kettle owners some of your time and experience.Please don't do discussions here just some facts about yourself. This was Glens idea! Thanks BAZ
midlifecrisisrd

Re: New to kettles

Post by midlifecrisisrd »

The next bit that will arrive :D

Steve
Attachments
Screenshot_20191019-203939_Chrome.jpg
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Proof that four strokes are over complicated
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

Yep certainly a K, identical to the best of them all the 750J apart from disc brakes where the J had double sided twin leading shoe drum brakes.
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

And how did you get on with your 750J, Paul? Just remind us again. :roll:
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

Alan H wrote:And how did you get on with your 750J, Paul? Just remind us again. :roll:
I also had a later (don’t know which model) Kettle that was even worse than the J complete with a Dunstall kit and 3-1 Piper :roll:
Despite the fact I didn’t really enjoy riding the J I did like the looks of it and tinkering with it. I do wish I had kept it sometimes :cry:
But basically all kettles are sh1te rubbish :lol:
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!

Optedout

Post by Optedout »

They’re not all Sh1te Paul.........the motors are nice (the rest of of them are Sh1te!) :lol:
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Alan H

Post by Alan H »

My B hippo is ok for touring 2 up, but I still prefer the 550. Just need to get both of them done now - holidays keep getting in the way though!!!
Optedout

Post by Optedout »

I think you’re in the wrong place if it’s sympathy you’re looking for Alan!
BTW the original poster (new to kettles) has the right idea......keep the
motor and bin the rest! Makes you wonder why so many of us love kettles
so much really! :lol:
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

I love my kettle despite the numerous problems I've had during my 32 years of owning it. Three major engine strip downs for seal/bearing changes, one of them to also replace a bent conrod after a piston exploded, the barrels needed changing too as they were too badly damaged to rebore. On a second oversized set of barrels now, courtesy of my mate Richard Briggs (it'snotateapot). Many many other smaller, baffling, running problems too, all eventually sorted though by Baz.
I've had lots of other new or nearly new bikes over the 32 years and to be honest, as excellent as they've been, I've found them to be so good/reliable/easy to ride and maintain, they were bland and characterless, if that makes sense.
Two bikes in my garage now, my 1976 kettle with 157,000 miles on the clock and running like a dream (at last) and my tuned special 1992 GSX1100 custom, which I like almost as much as the kettle. There must be something about old, quirky Suzuki's that appeals to me. :roll:
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".