Suzuki GT 550 in Poland

Here you can post a picture of you and your bike. Also where you are located and if you are prepared to give local kettle owners some of your time and experience.Please don't do discussions here just some facts about yourself. This was Glens idea! Thanks BAZ
tato81

Re: Suzuki GT 550 in Poland

Post by tato81 »

How to check if the oil pump works properly?
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

If you are restarting a bike that hasn't run for a long time, I recommend you remove the pump, clean the lines carefully (not high pressure) and the tank, then bleed the pump with clean oil. If with the pump off, you put a thin rod through the hole in the centre drive shaft and turn the pump, oil should pump out slowly from all 6 holes in its base. if then while continuing to turn the pump, you swing the cable lever to max, oil will squirt from 3 holes (those feed the upper cylinders) and still slowly from the other 3 holes (crankshaft supply).

If you don't want to take it off, one test is to have the engine running at idle, then raise revs to 2000rpm, and chock the cable lever to max. within a few seconds, all 4 exhausts should begin to smoke more.

You could exchange the tank oil for one of a different colour, bleed the pump, then go for a ride (pump covers off so you can see the oil lines). If all is well, the colour in the lines will have changed when you get home. That test is easy if you've clear coloured lines, but many are red plastic...

Hope helpful,
Mike
tato81

Post by tato81 »

Thanks for so much information. I have to check it out as soon as possible
tato81

Post by tato81 »

There is progress.vFrame painted. Many parts I sent for chroming.

I bought a new one fork tubes:

I bought to a new fork oil seal. The older ones have an extra ring. Should not I buy something else?
new and old comparison;

yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

Congratulations on real progress!
Regarding the fork seals, simply move the thin seals over and use them with your new seals. I only use genuine Suzuki fork seals, as I have had aftermarket seals leak. Its a real pain to replace them after the bike has been built up, and all to save a couple of Euros / pounds / zlotys :-)
Mike
tato81

Post by tato81 »

I've already got some chromium parts.

The front suspension is put together:

canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

Lovely job! Keep it up. Kev
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

Wonderful chroming! hard to tell from pictures of shiny things, but that all does look thick and lustrous plating. Impressed by your work on the Suzuki S mirrors. Most people cannot take them apart without damage so well done there.
Keep it coming,
Cheers,
Mike
slosher

Post by slosher »

Well done that's looking great,+1 with Mike really impressed with the chroming fantastic job that ;) ;)

Cheers Dave
GT750L
GT550L
TL1000 97s
T140V
Loctite Trained Engineer :lol:(since having the Bonnie)
tato81

Post by tato81 »

yeadon_m wrote:...Impressed by your work on the Suzuki S mirrors. Most people cannot take them apart without damage so well done there.
Keep it coming...
Cheers,
Mike
Merci. S'il vous plait ;)