The tour of 2017 Part 4

Here you can post a picture of you and your bike. Also where you are located and if you are prepared to give local kettle owners some of your time and experience.Please don't do discussions here just some facts about yourself. This was Glens idea! Thanks BAZ
Waterbuffalo
Location: Mostly Barbados, often Florida and ocassionally western Canada; trust me,I get around.

The tour of 2017 Part 4

Post by Waterbuffalo »

The final set of photos from the trip, as we rode through the night from Oklahoma towards Texas, Louisana and into Mississippi I gave up on the camera and just wanted to get further south.
21231066_2071961746163109_4778707047970855474_n.jpg
At Pikes Peak summit during a hail storm 14,000 plus feet.
IMG_1975.JPG
The landscape scene near Pueblo Colorado.
IMG_1980.JPG
Filling up again.
IMG_1983.JPG
Entering Kansas.
IMG_1989.JPG
Camping at an RV park in Dodge City Kansas.
IMG_1992.JPG
Oklahoma state line.
IMG_1997.JPG
Entering Texas at night.
IMG_1999.JPG
Somewhere in Louisana around midnight, we stopped to adjust the RDs chain. This little pup appeared from nowhere seems to be looking at the rather dirty GT.
Last edited by Waterbuffalo on Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Two strokes, its just that simple.
Roger Ackery

Re: The tour of 2017 Part 4

Post by Roger Ackery »

Hi,how did the bikes perform on the trip ?
any major problems,not that I'd expect any really...the old girls are pretty tough & reliable,once you have them sorted out ;)
Cheers.
Roger
GT750A.
Waterbuffalo
Location: Mostly Barbados, often Florida and ocassionally western Canada; trust me,I get around.

Post by Waterbuffalo »

The RD collected a dead battery on the way, I diagnosed it quickly and with a new one installed all was good again. In Louisiana it almost lunched the chain but a patch up fixed it for Florida. The GT worked flawlessly until a rr indicator earth wire broke off in one of the repro units I'd bought, then a bulb fell out the same repro indicator socket.
Then it lost a baffle bolt but it was wired in as a temp repair. In Florida the regulator got fried as an aux wire to a temp lighter socket for powering the GPS shafed through and earthed it out. It also melted the fuse holder in the process, so a bypass of the fuse holder and a back up regulator solved that issue.
Not too bad for on the road issues, I cant believe the aux wire that shafed through had to be the positive one when the negative one was right next to it,,, oh well, murphys law in full force.
My main wiring harness upgrades worked perfectly, so I'm happy about them.
barney01

Post by barney01 »

Epic trip! Gives me itchy feet....cracking photos
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

If you fancy doing it again with another bike, let me know - I'll come with you if it's between my other holidays!
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
Waterbuffalo

Post by Waterbuffalo »

Thanks for all the replies to my post, its much appreciated. Mr Alan H I'd like to see that..LOL.