Another newbie from Downunder

Here you can post a picture of you and your bike. Also where you are located and if you are prepared to give local kettle owners some of your time and experience.Please don't do discussions here just some facts about yourself. This was Glens idea! Thanks BAZ
rodent

Another newbie from Downunder

Post by rodent »

Hi folks :)

Hopefully I will be taking delivery of a GT750K in the next couple of weeks 8-) I had one many years ago but foolishly parted with it.

I could have bought one finished, but I'm a "hands on" guy and would rather take the journey of restoring one myself.

This is what I'll be working with.

cheers
Jim
mizzytheman

Re: Another newbie from Downunder

Post by mizzytheman »

Hi Jim,

And welcome to the forum. Loads of help and advice on here and the usual banter.

Good luck with restoration.

Good job you’re a hands on type of guy. :D
rodent

Post by rodent »

^^^Thanks for the welcome :)

I've been restoring my own Bikes and cars for many years, last resto was a DT400 :) I did a few H1's back in the 90's.

PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

Ah a man with taste. H1 Kawa’s, the ultimate aircooled two stroke triple 8-)
Good luck with the 750K, you’ve found the best place for help, information and micky taking.
Welcome to the asylum :lol:
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Welcome to the nuthouse. Which bit of DU are you in, Roger is in Sydney (the place) and likes beer surprisingly!
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

Welcome also, Jim, K models are nice. Mark Read here is a dab hand at those. At least, he's shown a number of them over time, paintwork is a thing of beauty on them.
Cheers,
Mike
teazer

Post by teazer »

Where in VIC? I lived in Geelong and Melbourne for years and my sons both live down the surf coast.
rodent

Post by rodent »

Thanks again for the welcome's gents 8-)

I'm in Sunbury in Vic just out of Melbourne................and I also like beer :D

I have a week or so till the bike makes it's way from Coffs Harbour down to me, I can barely wait :tw
Roger Ackery

Post by Roger Ackery »

;) Welcome Jim,I'm the Roger that Alan H mentioned in Sydney with a GT750A model that I've had for 16 years :tw
Love her dearly but thinking of selling one day !!!shes getting a bit heavy too push about..or I'm getting weaker :roll:
I'm sure the K will be nice when it's finished,had a K & an M model back in the day,rode the M model too Perth & back to Sydney in 1976,never missed a beat :P
Cheers.
Roger
GT750A.
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

Roger, please don't sell your bike, at least not before musing on Haruki Murakami's famous quote (he wrote many such):
“That bike is (backpack is) like your symbol of freedom," he comments. "Having an object that symbolizes freedom might make a person happier than actually getting the freedom it represents."
I like this, a lot.
Jim: apologies for jumping your thread :D
Cheers, Mike