End Of Another Biking Chapter

Here you can post a picture of you and your bike. Also where you are located and if you are prepared to give local kettle owners some of your time and experience.Please don't do discussions here just some facts about yourself. This was Glens idea! Thanks BAZ
RickyPell50

End Of Another Biking Chapter

Post by RickyPell50 »

Hi Guys,Well finally made the decision and SOLD the GT750K yesterday and packed her on a truck and sent her on way up to Fife in Scotland.Really enjoyed the old girl both riding and restoring.Who knows may buy another soon but this time it would be a GT750B or a T500...................Rick
Attachments
012.JPG
Roger Ackery

Re: End Of Another Biking Chapter

Post by Roger Ackery »

Hi Rick,how long did you have her for ?
My GT750A has been with me for 16 years,I'm also thinking of selling,she's getting a little heavy to Punt around in Sydney traffic :(
Attachments
image.jpeg
Cheers.
Roger
GT750A.
RickyPell50

Post by RickyPell50 »

Hi Roger had bike about 10 years all in.Still loved and enjoyed her when i would get out on her. Sadly to many bikes and another project waiting (Kawasaki Z650) she not getting used enough and took up the biggest space in a crowded garage/shed........................Rick
Roger Ackery

Post by Roger Ackery »

Funny you should mention Z650, I've always liked them as well ;)
Cheers.
Roger
GT750A.
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Hi Guys, well I've finally decided that after 31 years I don't like my kettle any more, in fact I hate it. So if somebody wants to take it off my hands I'll swap it for a Vincent, any model, or a Brough Superior, or an Aston Martin, preferably the one James Bond had in the films, or an unused penny black stamp. I'm sat by the phone waiting for your calls :tw
Cheers, Steve W.
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Roger Ackery

Post by Roger Ackery »

Steve,a funny thing happened tonight on my way home :lol: found myself really enjoying the ride,despite the bad handling,period braking performance,something about a two stroke motorcycle :idea: :P 8-)
Cheers.
Roger
GT750A.
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Re' my earlier post, I was of course joking. I've no plans whatsoever to sell my kettle, in fact I've told the wife I want it burying with me so no one else can have it :roll: ;) :lol:
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

stevewharton wrote:Re' my earlier post, I was of course joking. I've no plans whatsoever to sell my kettle, in fact I've told the wife I want it burying with me so no one else can have it :roll: ;) :lol:
Brave man Steve, calling your wife 'it'. :shock: :lol:

I guess she doesn't have forum access.............. :roll:
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
BAZ

Post by BAZ »

Did you cure the brake whistle Dude
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Alan, you're very good at taking words out of context and you know I'd never call my lovely wife "it", however after a lifetime of listening to her going on at me to get this done and that fixed and "why do you have to drink every night", I have no plans for a joint crypt, that's why the kettle's going with me ;) I do plan on living to a hundred though.
Baz, as for the brake squeal I think it's probably just the pads that need bedding in with the new discs, probably got a bit of sweaty finger residue on them, so I'm waiting for some brake cleaner to arrive from ebay and that should do the trick.
Steve W.