Done it now

Here you can post a picture of you and your bike. Also where you are located and if you are prepared to give local kettle owners some of your time and experience.Please don't do discussions here just some facts about yourself. This was Glens idea! Thanks BAZ
sxgGT

Done it now

Post by sxgGT »

Hi,
I just asked a question in the bit's for sale section, then the next post I read mentioned people not introducing themselves.
So here I am saying Hi and looking through all your stuff for guidance on how to drag a mis-matched, tormented ( by the PO) GT380A (B.J.K.L.M..I said it was a mongrel didn't I) back to life over the next couple of months or so.
A brief description: I bought what I thought was an oily rag resto off eBay.
Looking good in the photos. Looked good in the metal, some problems but haven't we all, wrong.
Just getting started with it but work keeps getting in the way. Low compression but it's a 2 stroke, no biggie. Tops off, right hand piston has been peppered, centre pot is clean but looks odd, left pot is the same as the middle.
Vernier shows 54.9ish on all bores but the left piston has felt tip marks.. STD..
Sure enough, loads of clicky click on Left and centre pistons.
PO had bought 2nd hand original pistons but not bothered measuring the barrels.
So the scene is set for the rest of the job.
1977 ish GT380 (in tatters)
1989 Shed (FJ1200)
1989 GL1500
barney01

Re: Done it now

Post by barney01 »

Hi thanks for the intro and welcome to the forum. Lots of help one here for these wonderful bikes! It may help a little if you tell us where in the world you are. Why not put up a few pictures of your bikes :D we love looking at pictures!
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Welcome to the asylum. Hope your garage is warm, sounds like you'll be in it a lot this winter!!!
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
sxgGT

Post by sxgGT »

Thanks for the welcome.
I am oop North, towards Durham.
A reasonable history of bikes over the years from my first Ap50 through to many Kwak triples and bag fulls of Honda's to old age
Currently no pictures of the latest.
I haven't played with 2 strokes since the early 80s. Never owned a Suzuki triple, thought I'd best buy one. Hope not to regret that.
See intro ref mongrel... :oops:
1977 ish GT380 (in tatters)
1989 Shed (FJ1200)
1989 GL1500
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Ah, I understand now.
A mad norvner who likes 2 strokes.
You'll fit in just fine.
Stoppit with the Quacks tho', they'll just hurt your pockets and scare the crap out of you on a bendy road.
Hedges hurt so I'm led to undersand....... :roll:
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

Welcome to the asylum :roll:
Take no notice to Alan though he is “special” if you know what I mean? :?
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!