1967 T200 Invader

Here you can post a picture of you and your bike. Also where you are located and if you are prepared to give local kettle owners some of your time and experience.Please don't do discussions here just some facts about yourself. This was Glens idea! Thanks BAZ
Alan H

Re: 1967 T200 Invader

Post by Alan H »

Aren't they pretty?
IMG_20190107_124912036.jpg
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
mizzytheman

Post by mizzytheman »

Alan H wrote:Aren't they pretty?
IMG_20190107_124912036.jpg

That one is. Don’t think much of that blue one and the exhaust has fallen off as well. :roll:
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Not sure where it's 'fell'. They're both level. :?:
mizzytheman

Post by mizzytheman »

Alan H wrote:Not sure where it's 'fell'. They're both level. :?:
Corrected :oops:
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

It's a twin, yer wazzock. It's only supposed to have two exhausts. :roll:
JOHNJENKS66

Post by JOHNJENKS66 »

Hi Alan, I think I've found the perfect "Topbox " for your tiddler, again in keeping with the era/style.

It's ok you don't have to thank me for my hard work, it's a pleasure http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/F-M-Fortnum-M ... :rk:7:pf:0
what the fuck was that ????

If you can read this, thank a Teacher.. If you are reading this in English, then thank our Soldiers..
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Seventeen and a half quid? Are yer wappy?

K'inell!!! :shock: :roll:
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Anyway, update at last. When I bought the bike, Terry (teebowbusablaster) had fitted a new ignition switch as it would only run on 1 pot in ignition switch position 1 and in switch position 2 (lights) it ran on both. It still did the same with the new switch and I suspect there had been a lot of swearing at that point, and then I bought the bike.
Well, I've had a look at the wiring and as the harness is quite second hand (52 years old!) I dropped on a new one with some other bits and decided to fit that instead of messing about, however, when I started going through the wiring, the genny wires to the rectifier from the genny lighting coils and back from the position 2 terminal had the green stripe almost rubbed away and weren't where they should have been, so basically, the bike was running on the two genny coils that should trickle charge the bike - but on AC, not battery volts, and would run properly when all the lighting coils were in circuit, but on AC. The battery was doing nowt!
They are a strange wiring schedule to be sure, but basically, in position one, the battery is trickle charged, and in position 2 (lights) another 4 coils are put in circuit to run the lights - via the rectifier and battery. Except on this one, they weren't. So all wiring sorted and kicked the bike up, lovely both cylinders running and lights work in position 2. Woohoo and all that.
The catch being that the bike isn't charging. Bugger.
Check the rectifier. Knackered. Double Bugger.
But I have a spare, Yay!! Tested that and it was knackered as well. Treble bugger.
Had a look on ebay and I could either get a very second hand one from the US for the price of an arm, leg and part torso, or one of these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRIDGE-RECTI ... %7Ciid%3A1 for just over 3 quid including postage. So there's one on it's way and nicely hidden behind the side panel, no-one will be able to see it.
Now all I need is a T20 light/indicator/horn switch so I can get the indicators fitted. I was going to put a 550 switch on, but it's too bulky and doesn't look right.
Last edited by Alan H on Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Saw this one at Newark on Saturday. Typical, you don't see one for years and suddenly there's loads of 'em!!
20190105_110756.jpg
teebowbusablaster

Post by teebowbusablaster »

What can I say......that I didn't say tonight when you rang but "Sorry" !