Ownership

Here you can post a picture of you and your bike. Also where you are located and if you are prepared to give local kettle owners some of your time and experience.Please don't do discussions here just some facts about yourself. This was Glens idea! Thanks BAZ
Roger Ackery

Ownership

Post by Roger Ackery »

Hi,coming up in November I've owned my '76 A model Kettle for 17 years, I think some of you have owned your bikes from new ? not just the Kettles, but bikes in general.
Motorcycles now seem to be used as recreation & not everyday transport to work etc.Scooters are everywhere for that type of work.
What is it about certain bikes that keep our interest for so long,
Modern bikes come & go with no lasting memories,much past the bikes of the '80's it's
nice when your out on a Classic Bike of any make & people of a certain age pass comment on how nice it is to see the bikes still being used !! 8-)
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (29.1 KiB) Viewed 629 times
Cheers.
Roger
GT750A.
Roger Ackery

Re: Ownership

Post by Roger Ackery »

8-) Out tomorrow to enjoy the GT, forecast is for a morning shower..hope weather man has it wrong :roll:
Cheers.
Roger
GT750A.
Scotch750

Post by Scotch750 »

Wuh, is that picture off a brochure :lol: :lol:
Had me bike 34 years Dec gone. Dunstall only 10 years.
Nice shot tho Rog.
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

32 years for my "A", bought in 1987 with 60,000 on the clock, now showing 156,000 and running like a sewing machine. I know a few owners that've had theirs from new and some like Baz who bought new, sold on after a while and then bought it back again many years later. Lots of interesting stories with these old kettles. :D
Last edited by stevewharton on Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

You don’t actually own a motorbike you just look after it (or not :roll: ) until the next guardian comes along ;)
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
lairdofsmoke

Post by lairdofsmoke »

Hi Rog.
I've owned mine from new, April 29 1976.150,000 miles, also Aprilia RST1000 FUTURA, 2001 march 58,000 miles, and my now daily transport Suzuki DL250, new last August 1st. the
On fragrant cloud