Newbie signing in.

Here you can post a picture of you and your bike. Also where you are located and if you are prepared to give local kettle owners some of your time and experience.Please don't do discussions here just some facts about yourself. This was Glens idea! Thanks BAZ
lairdofsmoke

Newbie signing in.

Post by lairdofsmoke »

Hi guys
Here's hoping I can finnaly post something.
I,ve owned my kettle from brand new in 1976, April 29th. W,ve done 150,000 miles together.
I suspect some of you will have met me over the years, either through Suzuki rallies or engine rebuilds, I,ve done a good few over the last 40 odd years.
Are there any of you out there who used to come to the National Motorcycle Museum to the runs I use to put on, I'm going to dig out some of the photos I've got and try to reproduce here or somewhere... Could be interesting?.

So here's to catching up with some old friends.

John Storrie
Laird of Smoke.
Last edited by lairdofsmoke on Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
On fragrant cloud
stevewharton

Re: Newbie signing in.

Post by stevewharton »

Hi John, long time no see.
I've owned my kettle (you probably remember FAB) since 1987 and there's now 156,000 miles on the clock, so very similar to yours. Hope to see you again sometime.
Regards, Steve Wharton.
P.S. I know you're a founder member of the kettle club, but are you still a member, or have you left like me?
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
BAZ

Re: Newbie signing in.

Post by BAZ »

great to hear from you John, still remember filming you building that engine on a very hot day about 12 years ago.. hope you are keeping well. great bunch of guys on here but look out for a strange Yorkshire man he rides a 2 legged horse!