A**e !

Here you can post a picture of you and your bike. Also where you are located and if you are prepared to give local kettle owners some of your time and experience.Please don't do discussions here just some facts about yourself. This was Glens idea! Thanks BAZ
canaletto5

Re: A**e !

Post by canaletto5 »

teebowbusablaster wrote:So, looking through the box of spares was a Suzuki tap box With "leaks" written on and a used tap in. Having taken the tank off this morning to balance the carbs the tap fitted doesn't leak.
I can only assume that the old tap leaked fuel into the sump and the residue wasn't cleared out until.yesterday.
Seems a sensible view. Just make sure you don't end up with hydraulic lock :shock:
teebowbusablaster

Post by teebowbusablaster »

All drained down, and Oil level seems stable now after a 30 mile run to get it MoT'd yesterday.

Now, do I tax it (on the 28th of the month, or wait till Monday ?
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

What and waste £7 ??? what kind of a Yorkshireman are you ??? Tax it on Monday the 1st of course :roll:
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
teebowbusablaster

Chances of getting caught (normally) zero !

With my luck this last fortnight 100%
Harrymail

Post by Harrymail »

But the weather is turning cold next week ........
Currently without a GT, but looking
2003 Yamaha Fazer 600 Blue
2020 Triumph Street Twin Red
1968 BSA Bantam Sports Red
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Hi Terry, the GSX1100 is ready to go, all repainted and looking v nice, but it needs taxing, so I'm waiting till April 1st before I take her out, because as you said, although there's little chance of getting caught, if you do get caught defrauding the government out of 25 pence a day, that's probably a hanging offence :o
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
swarrans

Post by swarrans »

I'm going to a classic car show on Saturday so I've had to tax the car for basically 2 days - and car tax is expensive!
Chris57

Post by Chris57 »

swarrans wrote:I'm going to a classic car show on Saturday so I've had to tax the car for basically 2 days - and car tax is expensive!
In comparison to modern bike tax cost basic car tax is a bargain, they really take the pi55 with the bike tax levels, all about emissions my ar5e.
swarrans

Post by swarrans »

Chris57 wrote:
swarrans wrote:I'm going to a classic car show on Saturday so I've had to tax the car for basically 2 days - and car tax is expensive!
In comparison to modern bike tax cost basic car tax is a bargain, they really take the pi55 with the bike tax levels, all about emissions my ar5e.
Interesting, I didn't know that Chris.
A lot of it doesn't make any sense - I've got EXACTLY the same car as a friend but mine is 3 months older and was registered before April 17 - mine is zero tax hers is £440 every year!!

Simon
teebowbusablaster

Well, all is now good with it, having drained the mess that was in there, put in £60 worth of new oil and filter, I changed it again after 30 miles or so. Fresh oil, new filter (another £60) and then a quick ride up to John Warrington's emporium in Malton for a carb service. His meticulous attention to detail and 3 hours work has the bike running a dream, crisp, clean and like a good GS should sound.