The finish line has arrived ...

Here you can post a picture of you and your bike. Also where you are located and if you are prepared to give local kettle owners some of your time and experience.Please don't do discussions here just some facts about yourself. This was Glens idea! Thanks BAZ
Filly

The finish line has arrived ...

Post by Filly »

Hi everyone after a long work of about 2 years, also due to the bce that continuously cuts the funds, I finished the restoration work of the GT 750 model M. I am particularly proud because I have done almost all the work on my own, reconstruction of the engine included. I gave the parts polishing and some small components in exterior polishing. Rather than having never driven a GT 750, I was struck by the sweetness of the engine, not at all blunt as I was used to the Kawasaki 2-stroke I owned years ago. So I ask you if the engine is actually so sweet in its delivery or maybe it is because it is significantly delayed in the timing of ignition. In short, a comparison with other GT owners would be interesting. Thank you all. ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[/img]
stevewharton

Re: The finish line has arrived ...

Post by stevewharton »

Very nice Filly, well done mate you must be very proud of your finished result.
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Roger Ackery

Post by Roger Ackery »

;) Congratulations,what a great job you've done,she looks terrific.I've owned an M model,she took me to Perth from Sydney Australia & back in 1976,memorable trip. The power delivery is different to other 2 strokes as there is no real power band to speak of,
the power just builds itself towards the red line with no effort at all,very torquey for a two stroke,anything from 3,000 rpm in top gear to red line without the need of being run hard in the lower gears to obtain top speed :idea: :arrow: As heavy as they are, with modern tyres & decent rear shocks, they can be ridden at a reasonable pace,brake performance in the wet is virtually none exsistant rhanks to the stainless steel rotors :roll:
Thanks for posting the photos,

Well done again
8-)
Cheers.
Roger
GT750A.
barney01

Post by barney01 »

Great resto Filly! What a beautiful bike. Now is the time to ride it! 8-)
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
gladders

Post by gladders »

well done Filly, lots of hard work put in there, the results are great
GT750B, CBX1000, Ducati Multistrada 1200s
Filly

Post by Filly »

Thanks to everyone, it's a pleasure to know that it has been appreciated. I think it comes close to the quality of your bikes.