New Member GT500

Here you can post a picture of you and your bike. Also where you are located and if you are prepared to give local kettle owners some of your time and experience.Please don't do discussions here just some facts about yourself. This was Glens idea! Thanks BAZ
Kwackerz1

New Member GT500

Post by Kwackerz1 »

Hello,
I am new member here as I have just been bequeathed my best friends GT500, we did many miles together in our youth with my friend on this and me on my z650,
Its not original and wont be when I restore it but I know I need to get everything including the engine rebuilt from scratch, so will looking for advice and guidance on the best suppliers to assist.
Anyway here is the bike, cannot wait to get started on it and have already started buying bits.
Cheers
Phil
gt5001.JPG
barney01

Re: New Member GT500

Post by barney01 »

His Phil
Welcome to the forum :D
That's a good project you have there look forward to seeing your progress! Any questions you have just shout up. As you have maybe seen there is a search button which will take you to previous posts on the subject too.
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
astrax

Post by astrax »

Hi Phil

Welcome to the forum
It is good that you able to take care of the old girl, especially as it was your mates, will be nice to have something to remind you of the "good ol days"

There is a lot on knowledgable people on the forum, if you have any problems, do ask, there is usually somebody about to help

Thanks
Ian
Kwackerz1

Post by Kwackerz1 »

Thanks Guys, will start on this as soon as I can I also have a GSX1100EG to clean up and sell for his estate so it'll be going on ebay soon.
wardy

Post by wardy »

Welcome indeed Phil.. looks like you are in for a lot of work!
I always fancied a 500 myself, but never saw one available at a price I could afford. Good luck with it and certainly your'e at the right place here.
we're all very friendly ( well mostly.. at least those of us in lincolnshire are!)
All the best
Andy
Andy;
1976 gt750A; 86 FZ750
1977gt380A
1982 z400j
1981 z650f.....1988 Sufolk punch 14"
"look;it's my bike; when you own it ,you can paint it any colour you like!"
(I once painted my Z650 PINK and had the pink panther logo on the tailpiece)
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

Welcome aboard Phil, lots of T/GT500 owners on here including myself. Any info you need just holler :D
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
es2GT550

Post by es2GT550 »

Welcome Phil - best of luck with the project. No need to be too worried about originality - as long as your happy with it thats all that matters- good luck. :D
Scotch750

Post by Scotch750 »

Kwackerz1 wrote:Hello,
I am new member here as I have just been bequeathed my best friends GT500, we did many miles together in our youth with my friend on this and me on my z650,
Its not original and wont be when I restore it but I know I need to get everything including the engine rebuilt from scratch, so will looking for advice and guidance on the best suppliers to assist.
Anyway here is the bike, cannot wait to get started on it and have already started buying bits.
Cheers
Phil
gt5001.JPG
Wuh, welcome Phil.
Whereabouts am ya ? Looks like a massive amount of hard werk to do there. Each to their own.
If yam after bits try our Baz (blue smoke). He's a dealer......he also does Suzuki bits too !! :shock: :lol:
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

Scotch750 wrote: If yam after bits try our Baz (blue smoke). He's a dealer......he also does Suzuki bits too !! :shock: :lol: [/b]
No Scotch it's a Suzuki not a Yam :roll:
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
Scotch750

Post by Scotch750 »

PaulD738 wrote:
Scotch750 wrote: If yam after bits try our Baz (blue smoke). He's a dealer......he also does Suzuki bits too !! :shock: :lol: [/b]
No Scotch it's a Suzuki not a Yam :roll:
Wuh, Ha huhin ha !! :lol: