New Member GT500

Here you can post a picture of you and your bike. Also where you are located and if you are prepared to give local kettle owners some of your time and experience.Please don't do discussions here just some facts about yourself. This was Glens idea! Thanks BAZ
KETTLE BOY

Re: New Member GT500

Post by KETTLE BOY »

Hi Phil, and welcome to the forum.. Take a look around.. the for sale section.. Baz sellers new parts, and offers services you might need... :D
GT750 J 1972
GT750 L 1974
Z900 A4 1976
ZZR1100. 1998
Breville Sandwich Maker
I'm never wrong.. Once I thought I was, but I was mistaken.

slosher

Post by slosher »

Welcome Phil looks like you have your work cut out with the 500 well done mate taking on the project :)
Two of my mates had GT500's brand new 1976 bullet proof when set up right & great for touring

Cheers Dave
GT750L
GT550L
TL1000 97s
T140V
Loctite Trained Engineer :lol:(since having the Bonnie)
barney01

Post by barney01 »

If you are not aware of it this may help you
https://www.oldjapanesebikes.com/mraxl_ ... /index.php
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
Kwackerz1

Post by Kwackerz1 »

Cheers Guys,
I know its going to be a slog, I have already picked up a tank cover that is missing and also an original swing arm that I am awaiting delivery of.
Tried to get the slides out the carbs the other day, no joy they are bit stuck, Tank also looks grotty inside :roll: .
But we'll get there.

One question I do have is with regard to these engines is there any reason why I cannot just run it on pre-mix?
barney01

Post by barney01 »

Hi Phil
The engine is not set up to run on premix. It is designed to have oil pump fed to the crank onto the bearings and to the cylinder head in different amounts. More to the crank where it's needed. Cranks can be modified to run on premix (usually race motors) but road bikes are better run with the oil pump. Some people add a bit of premix too when running in a rebuilt motor.
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE