Here you can post a picture of you and your bike. Also where you are located and if you are prepared to give local kettle owners some of your time and experience.Please don't do discussions here just some facts about yourself. This was Glens idea! Thanks BAZ
Peterg

Post by Peterg »

Hi folks, just joined up after having the dynamo from Dudley, baz, help me out with my water pump, looking forward to meeting up with fellow kettle owners and enjoy some ride outs
Cheers pete
stevewharton

Re: New member

Post by stevewharton »

Peterg wrote:Hi folks, just joined up after having the dynamo from Dudley, baz, help me out with my water pump
"The Dudley Dynamo" Could this be a nickname that sticks Baz ??? :lol:

P.S. welcome to the forum Pete :D
Last edited by stevewharton on Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
barney01

Post by barney01 »

Hi and welcome to the forum. Lots of help and info on here. Why not post a picture of your bike,we love looking at pic's of bikes :D
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
Peterg

Post by Peterg »

Just need some new rubber but torn between road riders and bt45s, help lol
Just need some new rubber but torn between road riders and bt45s, help lol
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Battlax BT45's every time, a little bit softer and don't last as long on the back wheel, but worth it for the extra grip and the confidence that goes with it.
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Peterg

Post by Peterg »

So what about pressures in modern rubber? As the manual figures look pretty low,
Cheers pete
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

The manual recommendations are low and you have to remember that they are for tyres 40+ years ago. When you get your new tyres fitted the dealer should be able to tell you exactly what pressures are needed for a classic bike like the kettle, plus your weight, whether you carry a pillion and how you ride. I run my BT45's at 36psi rear and 32psi front, some might say that's a bit high but that's what my Suzuki dealer recommended.
JOHNJENKS66

Post by JOHNJENKS66 »

Hi, in reply to your question, Roadriders or BT 45's, I have used both on my 750's over many years, riding in all weather conditions, solo and 2 up.
The only difference I found was that you get about 25% more mileage out of the Avons. Never had any problems with either type.
If you plan to do a lot of miles per year go with the Avons, if not, it don't really matter IMHO.
what the fuck was that ????

If you can read this, thank a Teacher.. If you are reading this in English, then thank our Soldiers..
slosher

Post by slosher »

Welcome Peter nice looking "L" mate ;) the unique model eh lads :lol: :lol:
GT750L
GT550L
TL1000 97s
T140V
Loctite Trained Engineer :lol:(since having the Bonnie)
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Dudley Dynamo? I thought he only did alternators?

Welcome in by the way.
Which bit of the world do you inhabit - there's a weekend in Yorkshire coming up soon. Details here - http://www.kettleclinic.co.uk/kcforum/v ... =9&t=11218
Proof that four strokes are over complicated