New to kettles

Here you can post a picture of you and your bike. Also where you are located and if you are prepared to give local kettle owners some of your time and experience.Please don't do discussions here just some facts about yourself. This was Glens idea! Thanks BAZ
midlifecrisisrd

Re: New to kettles

Post by midlifecrisisrd »

Well looks like a 3 to me :?:

Steve
Attachments
Screenshot_20191111-122006_Gallery.jpg
2StrokeDreamer

Post by 2StrokeDreamer »

Hi Steve, just thought I'd pop my head in here as another 2-stroke fanatic in Glasgow. Love the look of those RDs from page one, very very very nice!
I'm about to embark on a (very slow) GT550 hybrid build. Just about to close on a frame/tank/engine/carbs, then I need to get my Ducati back on the road, then start stockpiling the parts I'll need/want. Oh and I should probably start getting some tools together (left my old ones back in NZ - bit too heavy to get into my bags).

I wonder if there are many more of us about here in Glasgow and nearby (and by nearby I mean "the rest of Scotland" :lol:)?
midlifecrisisrd

2StrokeDreamer wrote:Hi Steve, just thought I'd pop my head in here as another 2-stroke fanatic in Glasgow. Love the look of those RDs from page one, very very very nice!
I'm about to embark on a (very slow) GT550 hybrid build. Just about to close on a frame/tank/engine/carbs, then I need to get my Ducati back on the road, then start stockpiling the parts I'll need/want. Oh and I should probably start getting some tools together (left my old ones back in NZ - bit too heavy to get into my bags).

I wonder if there are many more of us about here in Glasgow and nearby (and by nearby I mean "the rest of Scotland" :lol:)?
Sorry, not been on for a while so didn't notice your post

There's a few 2 stroke addicts around, met a good few off the rd forums

I'm getting near the end of another rd and just got a v5 for the kettle so I can start stripping that now and selling off the unneeded bits

You got your frame now?

Steve
midlifecrisisrd

Just noticed they have left the model section of the v5 blank

They can't argue it ain't a GT750 when it gets reframed :D

Steve
2StrokeDreamer

Post by 2StrokeDreamer »

midlifecrisisrd wrote: You got your frame now?
Finally closed the deal earlier in the week - just waiting to move house and they'll ship the parts there.