New to kettles

Here you can post a picture of you and your bike. Also where you are located and if you are prepared to give local kettle owners some of your time and experience.Please don't do discussions here just some facts about yourself. This was Glens idea! Thanks BAZ
midlifecrisisrd

Re: New to kettles

Post by midlifecrisisrd »

Cheers for the info

Think I've narrowed it down to either spoked 17 inch wheels or modern suzuki straight 3 spokes

Steve
midlifecrisisrd

Donor bike is being delivered tonight ;)

Steve
midlifecrisisrd

Well it's here and looks not too bad

Clocks are toast mind :cry:

Steve
Attachments
Screenshot_20191108-222415_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20191108-222405_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20191108-222334_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20191108-222430_Gallery.jpg
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

I've got bits that may be useful if you want standard(ish) or oddball stuff and abuse if you decide to go t'other way! :lol:
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
midlifecrisisrd

Alan H wrote:I've got bits that may be useful if you want standard(ish) or oddball stuff and abuse if you decide to go t'other way! :lol:
Instruments is my main thing

I have a Speedo on the way and should of had a rev counter but DK hacked me off being unreasonable so I cancelled my offer

So any body got a 73 rev counter lol

And I will be ready for your abuse because after I get it registered and sell off the majority of standard bits and build the engine into my 74 xr11 frame :o

Steve
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Well, I don't have a 750 rev counter, but Baz has a 'brand new refurbed' one that he got off me - unless he sold it of course!
But what are you going to rev the tr engine to? The 750 revcounter red lines at 7k. The 550 goes to 8 and I've got lots of those. Or a lekky one might be better - I've one on my 550A.

Didn't think this would be straightforward did you? :lol:
midlifecrisisrd

Alan H wrote:Well, I don't have a 750 rev counter, but Baz has a 'brand new refurbed' one that he got off me - unless he sold it of course!
But what are you going to rev the tr engine to? The 750 revcounter red lines at 7k. The 550 goes to 8 and I've got lots of those. Or a lekky one might be better - I've one on my 550A.

Didn't think this would be straightforward did you? :lol:
Max revs will probably be 8 by the time the block has been decapitated and ported

I need a rev counter with the idiot lights in it

Steve
midlifecrisisrd

Seems I got the frame and engine numbers the wrong way round :oops:

It's a 73 K model for sure but has a 72 J engine number :?:

Steve
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Numbers are only near enough. Never dead on at the beginning and end of sequence.
midlifecrisisrd

Alan H wrote:Numbers are only near enough. Never dead on at the beginning and end of sequence.
Think I'm being a \\\\\ again

I was going off the numbers on the paperwork as the engine number is in the earlier position so hard to read under the rh carb

I've taken a pic now and although the first digit is hard to read it looks like the engine number is 32417 so within 100 of the frame number

Just strange it's in the other position

Steve