Rebuild costs

Here you can post a picture of you and your bike. Also where you are located and if you are prepared to give local kettle owners some of your time and experience.Please don't do discussions here just some facts about yourself. This was Glens idea! Thanks BAZ
Peter1959

Rebuild costs

Post by Peter1959 »

I’ve just completed the sums for my rebuild.
It’s exceeded the budget and probably the value of the completed bike. ( which is still not completed).
Selling off my discarded parts is an option but who wants guards with dings, chrome that needs replating and clocks and switchgear that need refurbished.
Fortunately my last expense, hopefully is paintwork.
Is there anyone out there who builds / reassembles bikes regardless of the condition of parts !
Give me a GT750 frame and I’ll adorn it with my crap ! And I’m sure it will run as sweetly and turn eyes !! Just as a concourse model would !!!!
Optedout

Re: Rebuild costs

Post by Optedout »

A familiar and expensive tale Peter! Most of us underestimate the true cost of doing
a restoration (or we probably wouldn’t do it) To answer your question it’s always worth
a whirl on eBay as some people are prepared to repair, refurb or re chrome parts that
they are missing completely from their bikes.
Peter1959

Post by Peter1959 »

Hate eBay !!
Rather give stuff away to needy person :D
twostrokeheaven

Post by twostrokeheaven »

I think the sums always end up more pending if like me you find things you wont 100% right, my J model had the earth spent on it and still I am repainting, rechroming, rebuilding parts as I want it super dooper, I think overall its the satisfaction of doing a lot yourself and enjoying what you end up with, bikes for me should be old looking new or totally unrestored and original, but I also think TV is Poo and it keeps me out the way from er indoors sometimes :D
GT750J Lavender Pink 1972 :D
Fs1E baja brown speedblock 1976 :D
Scotch750

Post by Scotch750 »

Wuh, our Baz does rebuilds etc.
Also, sells Suzuki parts. (He's a dealer you know ) !