Here you can post a picture of you and your bike. Also where you are located and if you are prepared to give local kettle owners some of your time and experience.Please don't do discussions here just some facts about yourself. This was Glens idea! Thanks BAZ
rdsteve

Post by rdsteve »

Hi,Just joined,been riding since 1974,don"t know i have managed to survive this long,lol. Started off on Yam rd"s,250,350,400 and kwak triples till early 80"s then big jap 4 strokes for next 38 years,then in 2018 a marine blue Yam rd400c found it"s way into my garage,same model as i had new in 76 and this has rekindled my passion for two- strokes,hence the reason for me joining.Time has come for a two-stoke companion for the rd and a t500 is top of the list.Ashamed to say never had a Suzuki two stroke,so going to rectify that soon hopefully.The search has begun and as soon as i have my big 500c twin there will be lots of questions for you guys. Cheers Steve
rd400c,z1a,z1b,xjr1300sp and a t500 Hopefully
Alan H

Re: Newbie

Post by Alan H »

Welcome to the asylum Steve (top left screen corner) do a search for T500 and there's lots to go on.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
barney01

Post by barney01 »

Welcome Steve nice range of bikes you have owned there ! T500 is a good choice and some guys on here have done a fine job restoring them so know most of the answers. Good luck with your search and post some pictures when it arrives :D
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
twostrokeheaven

Post by twostrokeheaven »

welcome, some nice chaps on here, paticulary me lol :D
GT750J Lavender Pink 1972 :D
Fs1E baja brown speedblock 1976 :D
rdsteve

Post by rdsteve »

Cheers Guys,good tip on searches,and yes already read some of the t500 and gt750 restorations,some clever people on here.
rd400c,z1a,z1b,xjr1300sp and a t500 Hopefully
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

Yup welcome to the madhouse. Plenty of good knowledgable folk on here apart from that Alan H he’s not the full shilling :roll: There’s a fair T500 following on here so your in good company. Don’t forget post some photos, we like photos cos we ain’t good with words :D
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

PaulD738 wrote: we like photos cos we ain’t good with words :D
That's cos you can't spoke proper Englandish like we Yorkshire folk speyks, yer wazzock. :roll:
Proof that four strokes are over complicated