Self isolating

Here you can post a picture of you and your bike. Also where you are located and if you are prepared to give local kettle owners some of your time and experience.Please don't do discussions here just some facts about yourself. This was Glens idea! Thanks BAZ
yeadon_m

Self isolating

Post by yeadon_m »

Hiya folks,
Not dead yet, just been lurking and doing more gardening than is good for a body.
Found that Suzuki Robinson’s workshop is still open, by appointment, so booked in my GSX1400, who’s MOT was overdue. Don’t even need to go inside & paid contactless.
Joanna snapped me just after I got home, after which we rode round the garden a few times (I hadn’t done the reseeding and fertilising yet).
Hope you’re all keeping well.
Cheers,
Mike
Attachments
0FFF0A80-A597-4E1D-A14D-E0AAA14C8B00.jpeg
PaulD738

Re: Self isolating

Post by PaulD738 »

Hi Mike, glad to hear your alive and kicking. Looking good there in the Kent sunshine, and you don’t look bad either :roll: take care you two
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Nice to hear from you Mike. You're looking well and obviously so does the rocket powered armchair you're hanging on to. Hope you're managing ok with your self isolating too.
I guess Joanna keeps you busy with house and garden nowadays.....
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
itsnotateapot

Post by itsnotateapot »

Hi Mike nice to hear from you, bike is looking well, as for your gardening I don't think you are working hard enough judging by your expanding waist line.
Richard.
SUZUKI GT750 L 8-)
SUZUKI T500 M 8-)
SUZUKI GT185 K 8-)
Suzuki T500 Cobra 8-) 8-)
Suzuki GTS 500 Hybrid.
Suzuki RG250.
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Hi Mike, good to see you looking well, and happy too after your brief escape from isolation. Of course as I've always maintained, there's nothing like some "two wheeled therapy" to put a big smile on my face. :D
Out of interest, when you booked the appointment for your bikes MOT at Robinsons, were you a bit concerned that plod may have stopped you and said an MOT isn't an essential reason to leave home?
The reason I ask is that all the bike shops around me are closed and I've heard that MOT's about to expire, have been extended by six months.
Not having a dig mate, just very envious :mrgreen:
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

Thanks all for your kind words of welcome, even yours, Richard!
On the non-essential, I actually didn’t know that an MOT doesn’t count (seems mad to me, given I didn’t even have to get close to anyone). In my case, as I’d SORN’d the big beast late last year, I don’t think I could use it, even for an essential trip, because I’d not be able to tax it? Anyway, that’s what I’d have said if stopped. Mind you, I can’t remember when I last saw a copper in our area.
Today, I’ve to collect a prescription. I could go in the car, but instead I plan to get a few miles on the GT380B instead.
Keep well!
Mike
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

Went to town yesterday in an attempt to fill my prescription. Still not there, so will be making another essential journey today ;)
Cheers, Mike
Attachments
3190A741-F74C-4C90-B421-5FBF9DB2524B.jpeg
2strokejohnny

Post by 2strokejohnny »

Hi Mike
nice to hear you are doing ok and getting on with life, hope you get your prescription,i've been making that essential journey to drop my wife's off but the queue was an hour long just to drop off a prescription and i was overheating in my leathers.
ride safe,John
Suzuki GT750B
Suzuki GT750K
Triumph T100 Unit Bonny
Harrymail

Post by Harrymail »

Good to see you back on the forum Mike :)
Currently without a GT, but looking
2003 Yamaha Fazer 600 Blue
2020 Triumph Street Twin Red
1968 BSA Bantam Sports Red
wardy

Post by wardy »

Welcome back Mike!.. you know it's funny, cos. I have been looking through a few old copies of the K.C. mag lately and only last night came across one that youd'e written about your GT380 way back in 2006!
seems only yesterday that I got that mag when it came out! ( I presume the black tank on the bike then is the one on my bike now as well!)
All the best Mike.. regards to everyone Andy
Andy;
1976 gt750A; 86 FZ750
1977gt380A
1982 z400j
1981 z650f.....1988 Sufolk punch 14"
"look;it's my bike; when you own it ,you can paint it any colour you like!"
(I once painted my Z650 PINK and had the pink panther logo on the tailpiece)