Another newb

Here you can post a picture of you and your bike. Also where you are located and if you are prepared to give local kettle owners some of your time and experience.Please don't do discussions here just some facts about yourself. This was Glens idea! Thanks BAZ
Backitoff

Re: Another newb

Post by Backitoff »

Thanks guys. A really nice friendly welcome :D
The lnly paperwork i have is the purchase receipt from the private vendor i got it from.

I recon i must be posh as not only do i have Two ll's in Allan, but i now have 2 GT550's :shock: :shock:

Crazy situation. I made an offer on a GT550 K before buying the other one and got refused. Then the guy called me to say he'd changed his mind and would accept. So i did the deal.
My wife is Sooo happy :o :shock: :lol:

Not sure on next steps, would love to restore them both but i dont think my wallet would appreciate it.

The K is in worse condition, i.e. engine siezed etc, but is pretty much complete. Has been standing for a very long time.
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Backitoff wrote: I recon i must be posh as not only do i have Two ll's in Allan, but i now have 2 GT550's :shock: :shock:
Only two? :lol:
Up to last year I had 5, but thinned the herd out - all I have now are -
6 in a row.jpg
Less that GSX which I sold last year. I do have 2 550s though, and loads of spares if you need anything.
But I'm certainly not posh - as the next few posts will testify!! :roll: :? :lol:
Last edited by Alan H on Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
Backitoff

Post by Backitoff »

Alan H wrote:
Backitoff wrote: I recon i must be posh as not only do i have Two ll's in Allan, but i now have 2 GT550's :shock: :shock:
Up to last year I had 5, but thinned the heard out - all I have now are -
6 in a row.jpg
Less that GSX which I sold last year. I do have 2 550s though, and loads of spares if you need anything.
But I'm certainly not posh - as the next few posts will testify!! :roll: :? :lol:
Haha perfect. I can tell my wife that I’m not being greedy after all

I do need bits for sure.
Points cover for the K would be good. I think they should be the embossed ones?
Left outer silencer also.
Hens teeth I’m guessing?
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Embossed covers were only on the J.
I've got some exhausts, but some are sad and some are very nice - I have to sort these ones out as I've a set to fit to my 550J resto.
left outers.jpg
These are the 'sad' ones, the really pretty ones are in the garage under lock and key with a Rottweiler inside with a lakky band on it's cock!! :lol:
Backitoff

Post by Backitoff »

Great info on the points cover, thanks.
Can you email me some images of exhausts you want to sell?
My email. Superbikerider@hotmail.co.uk (yes I know it’s sad :-)
Cheers.
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Alan H wrote:
Up to last year I had 5, but thinned the herd out - all I have now are -
6 in a row.jpg
Yes I can definitely agree with the fact Alan isn't posh, he's from Wombwell in Yorkshire, so posh??? Nah :roll:

Unlike Grimsby in Lincolnshire, which is very upmarket. :D
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

stevewharton wrote: Yes I can definitely agree with the fact Alan isn't posh, he's from Wombwell in Yorkshire, so posh??? Nah :roll:
Actually Steve, I'm from West Melton. I live in Wombwell, so unsurprisingly, you're wrong again. There's a surprise. :roll:
Unlike Grimsby in Lincolnshire, which is very upmarket. :D
With the emphasis on (fish?) market, no doubt....... :lol:
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Alan H wrote:
stevewharton wrote: Yes I can definitely agree with the fact Alan isn't posh, he's from Wombwell in Yorkshire, so posh??? Nah :roll:
Actually Steve, I'm from West Melton.

West Melton? You've kept that very quiet? Is there a warrant for your arrest? or were you run out of town for crimes against sanity?
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Neither Steve. I rode out on my original GT550J and no warrants (except for money earned) were ever issued.
West Melton is exactly a mile from my current abode, so I can visit should the need ever arise. :tw
didge

Post by didge »

I've come to this party a bit late, but Alan posh !!! :lol:

He can't even speak English proper, well, I don't think he can, I've never understood a word he's said, but he'll have a beer so that makes him alright in my southern book.