New member intro - Hubert

Here you can post a picture of you and your bike. Also where you are located and if you are prepared to give local kettle owners some of your time and experience.Please don't do discussions here just some facts about yourself. This was Glens idea! Thanks BAZ
Twowheelman

New member intro - Hubert

Post by Twowheelman »

Hi all,

I have just bought a GT750L 1974 for a restoration project. I have always liked the look of them and I remember having a night time blast on the back of one when I was young and penniless to the Blackpool illuminations. Loved the way it sounded :)

So now I have one, its almost complete so not to bad to do, it runs on pre mix so I need to sort out the pump and its lines and generally make it look a bit more original.

I have just finished my CBX C model, here it is...... its going for its MOT on Friday.

I live in Hebridies , funnily enough there a lot bikers and ex bikers here so no shortage of folks to blether to :D

Hope to make some friends on here, I don't do bikes to make money just to ride and enjoy them,

Cheers, Hubert
Attachments
DSCN1715_144.JPG
gt750 DK.jpg
KETTLE BOY

Re: New member intro - Hubert

Post by KETTLE BOY »

Hi Hubert, and welcome to the forum.. love to hear your going to rebuild a GT750L... The switches / clocks /gauges are specific to the L model.. load up some photos of your progress..kb..
GT750 J 1972
GT750 L 1974
Z900 A4 1976
ZZR1100. 1998
Breville Sandwich Maker
I'm never wrong.. Once I thought I was, but I was mistaken.

Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Welcome Hubert. That CBX looks well. They're a favourite of mine, especially the C.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
Rijko

Post by Rijko »

welcome Hubert,

i am also starting work on a GT750L so i will be following your restoration with interest !
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

Hi Hubert,
Adding my welcome. Good choice on the GT750. Almost endless fun lies ahead 8-)
Love your CBX. I recall them back in the day, thinking how massive it was (I had a Yamaha YAS1 at the time!). But I saw one restored recently and was then struck by how 'all legs and wings' it is, considering the big motor. I have a GSX1400 and that has a fat rear, whereas I could hardly believe how much performance was risked on the small CBX rear.
Good luck with the MOT!
Mike
Twowheelman

Post by Twowheelman »

Thanks all folks for the welcome folks, seems like the GT world is a friendly place, so I am very pleased to have made a start here :)
I have also joined the Kettle Club and they seem a good bunch of people.

I'm going to get it running on the CCI, put some new tyres on it, new brake hoses, UK headlamp and then get it moT'd and registered.
I think i'll also get the seat done by Bob at Moretti and get the tank/panels painted in orange metallic , along with a new filler cap....its great that Suzuki still have parts for the GT's, Honda stuff is getting very thin on the ground especially for bikes like the CBX. I got some parts from partzilla in the US, but when I worked it out later with the duty, vat and clearance charge, I was better getting them from Robinsons Foundry with their 10% off for Kettle club members....doh! :cry:

All best regards, Hubert
JNNNGS

Post by JNNNGS »

Hubert,

Welcome to Kettle ownership - you still got the CBX(s)?

Paul.
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

PM Baz for Kettle parts. He does discounts for forum members..

http://www.kettleclinic.co.uk/kcforum/m ... rofile&u=2
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
Twowheelman

Post by Twowheelman »

Hi Paul

Yes still got both CBX's ....Had the C MOt'd today and a great run to Inveraray in hot sunshine.

The Z is ready to put together, my paintwork is done and ready to collect , so it will be a summer job to do and of course there's the engine to strip and check....think i'll get the CBX nearly together before I have a lot of GT750 parts stripped off the L model to refurbish.

Cheers, Hubert
Twowheelman

Post by Twowheelman »

Alan,

Thanks I got in touch with Baz about getting my carbs restored, looks like he is a great asset to GT fans. I didn't know he does parts though, that will be a good pointer from you :D

Cheers, Hubert