gt185

The KettleClinic forum, it is free to become a member and free to use, we have additional information available to all members.
If you have not joined yet, do it now.

Please note the email for the signup should arrive within 15 minutes, if not, please check any spam or junk folders, if still not arrived please contact the forum
tomo55

gt185

Post by tomo55 »

Hi,can anyone answer why my gt 185 only runs on the left cylinder.there is a good spark at both cylinders an fuel is getting into the carbs.I have changed jets and cleaned carbs but It still won't fire on right cylinder. When I put a small amount of fuel in thru the plug hole it does run until the fuel is burnt off.is it because the piston isnt sucking the fuel in?could it be a broken piston ring?thanks for any help.bri
es2GT550

Re: gt185

Post by es2GT550 »

Hi - fuel , compression and sparks at the right time should mean it runs - how do you know its sparking when under compression ? It might spark with the plug removed but fail under compressin - I've had this before. Swap the plugs over as a start maybe. I'd have said if the rings were so badly broken then it would n't run at all. Good luck - let us know
malky

Post by malky »

Have you done a compression test ? - try squirting some two stroke oil down the plug hole and then trying to start it -if it runs then you have a bore related compression problem -if it still wont run it looks like crank seals although unusual on the 185
Mal.
tomo55

Post by tomo55 »

Hi,thanks for the replies.yes it fired for a short while when I put fuel thru plug hole.I've bought a compression tester so will give that a try.I've also ordered new points and condensers as the spark at the points for that cylinder didn't seem too good.again,thanks for the replies