Suzuki gt 550 exhaust

The KettleClinic forum, it is free to become a member and free to use, we have additional information available to all members.
If you have not joined yet, do it now.

Please note the email for the signup should arrive within 15 minutes, if not, please check any spam or junk folders, if still not arrived please contact the forum
Woody

Suzuki gt 550 exhaust

Post by Woody »

Hi is there anyone that can help me where to start looking for a 1975 Suzuki gt550 left hand outer exhaust pipe also a uk headlight lens . Thanks woody
Alan H

Re: Suzuki gt 550 exhaust

Post by Alan H »

Yes. But we like a casual intro first.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
Woody

Post by Woody »

Hi sorry Alan h I'm woody from Oxfordshire I have a Suzuki gt550 the m model done a bit of restriction work on it .have been to a few events looking forward to going to the Stafford show also just become a member of vjmc.i've never joined any clubs before hopping to find people that can help me with my passion.thanks woody
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Hi Woody. Ebay is your best bet, but be careful as some of the pics don't show the bad bits!
How bad is the exhaust you have? Sometimes they can be rewelded, split and baffle plates redone, or rechromed.
Do your pipes have the connectors on the downpipes or are they completely separate.
I have some spares at home, but as I' away currently, that's not a deal of good really!

You might well be the guy on VJMC that I pointed over here!
Lots of help on here for all Suzuki 2 strokes, not just the hippo as the title might suggest - my choice is the 550 and I have 'a few'!

Baz has headlight lenses for sale, he'll be having a nap but will be along soon.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
BAZ

Post by BAZ »

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz what
Woody

Post by Woody »

Hi Alan. Yes that was me you were taking to on the vjmc site.i was unsure if the exhaust could be welded it has a small split by the side stand locates. Then maybe rechromerd as well as the centre down pipe and connectors.i havan't Spocken to baz yet about the light hopefully later. Thanks woody
Woody

Post by Woody »

Hello baz I'm woody. I was talking to Alan h the other day he said you may be able to help with locating a 7" uk spec head light lens for my 1975 Suzuki gt550. If you are I would be most great full for your help thanks woody
BAZ

Post by BAZ »

Sent a private message cheers.
Woody

Post by Woody »

Hi Baz I sent a message yesterday but it hasn't shown up so will try again. I forgot to say I was after a koito light with pilot is this the lights that you have if so I would like one thanks woody