Introduction/Frame number info

The KettleClinic forum, it is free to become a member and free to use, we have additional information available to all members.
If you have not joined yet, do it now.

Please note the email for the signup should arrive within 15 minutes, if not, please check any spam or junk folders, if still not arrived please contact the forum
jonny50

Introduction/Frame number info

Post by jonny50 »

[[/b]Good Evening to All,
My name is Jon and I live in Wiltshire.
This is my first posting although I have looked at stuff on here quite a lot!
I am looking for Information or help regarding the frame number/s of a bike I purchased in bits and would like to rebuild!
My confusion is that the log book states the frame number as 000741## but stamped on the Headstock it says GT750 - 435##
I have been thinking all along that it is an A Model, but now I am not so sure! Is it normal to have differing numbers relating to
the frame? Or is this because the frame has been changed earlier? Unfortunately, the metal frame number plate is not present!
Any help or clarification would be much appreciated. Many Thanks
Jon
Last edited by jonny50 on Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
barney01

Re: Introduction/Frame number info

Post by barney01 »

Hi and welcome to the forum. It is likely that the GT750 number is the genuine number look here
http://www.ozebook.com/compendium/suzi/ ... /page1.gif
I dont know where you purchased the frame and V5 from but as they dont match you will struggle to tie the two together to the powers that be.
Good luck
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
2strokejohnny

Re: Introduction/Frame number info

Post by 2strokejohnny »

it is an L model with that number 43500 but the engine is defo an A model,2sj
Suzuki GT750B
Suzuki GT750K
Triumph T100 Unit Bonny