Oil warning light

The KettleClinic forum, it is free to become a member and free to use, we have additional information available to all members.
If you have not joined yet, do it now.

Please note the email for the signup should arrive within 15 minutes, if not, please check any spam or junk folders, if still not arrived please contact the forum
ogri211

Oil warning light

Post by ogri211 »

I've been thinking again about my old idea of fitting an oil warning light for my 2 stroke as I have a paranoia about running out, an idea I was thinking was cut a hole in the top of the oil tank and fit a float switch out of an RD to it, but rather than having to fit another light somewhere I was thinking on the RDs the oil light came on with the neutral light to give you a check on the bulb, I was thinking of just wiring the switch in parallel with the neutral light, so you would know the bulb was alright and you still have your gear indicator if you got caught with the light on (though I think it unlikely I would drive about with low oil level it would just be an emergency back up) I would like to see if anyone has any thoughts on this.
Suzuki Gt750A
Kawasaki Z900 A4
Kawasaki Z1300
Buell S1 Lightning
Royal Enfield Diesel.