New oil check valves leaking

The KettleClinic forum, it is free to become a member and free to use, we have additional information available to all members.
If you have not joined yet, do it now.

Please note the email for the signup should arrive within 15 minutes, if not, please check any spam or junk folders, if still not arrived please contact the forum
sunnyjim

New oil check valves leaking

Post by sunnyjim »

NEW OIL CHECK VALVES LEAKING.......FFS !!!! Iv spent two days stripping bike down carefully removing old check valves fitted new ones (from Ebay) so I fill the pipes up with oil left them dangling and nearly straight away they are leaking anyone else had this ????
barney01

Re: New oil check valves leaking

Post by barney01 »

This has happened before to someone on here (Syd I think) he had the same result with new valves. Apparently according to the supplier they have to be fitted to the bike and run for a while so that the ball bearing in the valve can bed in.
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
BATTS

Post by BATTS »

Kawasaki ones fit, work and are still available part no. 16128-009. Mixed views on the Ebay ones.
Chris
76 GT750, 78 GT550, BMW K1600gtl
emptyoiltank

Post by emptyoiltank »

I had the same problem, £55 quid wasted, as for using the bike to let them bed in, I don't think so, parts like this are precision made and should work straight off.
Rhencullen

Post by Rhencullen »

BATTS wrote:Kawasaki ones fit, work and are still available part no. 16128-009. Mixed views on the Ebay ones.
Good info - thanks.
1977 Suzuki GT750B - 2003 Honda CB1300 - 1979 Honda CBX1000