Suzuki GT750 Performance Portfolio

The KettleClinic forum, it is free to become a member and free to use, we have additional information available to all members.
If you have not joined yet, do it now.

Please note the email for the signup should arrive within 15 minutes, if not, please check any spam or junk folders, if still not arrived please contact the forum
ogri211

Suzuki GT750 Performance Portfolio

Post by ogri211 »

Does anyone know where to get a copy of this book I have one for my four four and my H1 but everyone seems to be sold out apart from some people asking for £100's of pounds for their copy
Suzuki Gt750A
Kawasaki Z900 A4
Kawasaki Z1300
Buell S1 Lightning
Royal Enfield Diesel.
Kettletimes3

Re: Suzuki GT750 Performance Portfolio

Post by Kettletimes3 »

PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

I was given mine :D it’s quite a good read going through the differences in each model year plus a nice section on the TR’s
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

This is quite useful:
http://smokeriders.com/Technical/Suzuki ... mance.html

For example:
"Carburetor Change-GT380
After milling the head and possibly mild port modification, you could remove the GT380's 24mm carburetor assembly and replaced them with the 28mrn set of Mikunis used stock on the GT550. This modification is an easy bolt-on.
Rejetting is probably not necessary on a modified 380, since the 550's baseline jetting should be ideal on the modified smaller engine.
Main jet sizing on the GT550 carburetors should be 95 on the center cylinder and 97.5 on the outer carburetors.
Performance will remain stock on the low end, gradually improving through the midrange and the upper rpm range. "

I've done the 550 carbs on a 380 and its wonderful, without doubt the nicest 'fuelling' on my four bikes, the throttle response feeling good at any rev or throttle opening, no stumbles or fat spots. Wish I could say the same about the others! it was luck, I just swapped the carb bodies I had spare from a late 550 under the 380 carb top. Stock 380 airbox and no head milling.

Cheers,
Mike
senicoli

Post by senicoli »

got mine from a book stall at newark inside main building about three years ago cost 15 quid then bookstall still there saw it yesterday didnt look at stock so dont know if they still have them colin
senicoli

Post by senicoli »

would be willing to swap my copy for how to restore suzuki 2-stroke triples by ricky burns
ogri211

Post by ogri211 »

Thanks for the input one of the other members of the forum has offered me his copy.
Suzuki Gt750A
Kawasaki Z900 A4
Kawasaki Z1300
Buell S1 Lightning
Royal Enfield Diesel.
teazer

Post by teazer »

I have a hard copy and I also managed to get an online copy in pdf format. Search for it online.