Oil check lines

The KettleClinic forum, it is free to become a member and free to use, we have additional information available to all members.
If you have not joined yet, do it now.

Please note the email for the signup should arrive within 15 minutes, if not, please check any spam or junk folders, if still not arrived please contact the forum
sunnyjim

Oil check lines

Post by sunnyjim »

After buying and checking 3 sets of oil lines and replacing the valves with ones of ebay all sets LEAK FFS ! Dunno what to do now , would these 4mm one way valves work on ebay ? Anyone tried them ?
Attachments
image.jpg
Alan H

Re: Oil check lines

Post by Alan H »

What exactly are you trying to do?
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
Rhencullen

Post by Rhencullen »

Apparently Kawasaki ones fit, work and are still available part no. 16128-009.
1977 Suzuki GT750B - 2003 Honda CB1300 - 1979 Honda CBX1000
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Do you mean the SRIS lines or the oil feed lines?
Remember that the valves work the opposite ways so SRIS valves can't be used on the feed lines and Vicky Verky.
Valves can sometimes be split and cleaned, or soaked and cleaned with a syringe (not compressed air as it's too high a pressure and will knack the springs.)
I don't think I'd use the ones on ebay - no details of spring pressure etc. so oil might not get through the right way at all. And they look fugly.
sunnyjim

Post by sunnyjim »

I'm just trying to refit a set of 2 stroke oil lines back on the bike that doesnt leak oil into crankcase whilst it's sitting but they all leak !
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Take the pipes off the oil pump and GENTLY push something like paraffin through the lines from pump end towards engine end - with valves still attached at the engine end - via a syringe at the pump end of the lines. Don't 'squirt' it - just push gently and you'll see oil come out of the valve end then change into paraffin (or whatever thin flushing fluid you have in the syringe) come out of the valves. Do this a couple of times to clean the lines and valves, then put 2 stroke oil in the syringe and gently flush the lines until you get oil coming out of the valve ends.
Leave all the lines full of oil and hang them up, valves down overnight and you'll see if they leak. If they do, do it all over again. If they still leak, then you need a new valve in that particular line unless you can strip and remedy the valve involved. If it can't be sorted, then it's Donald Ducked and will have to be replaced.
It's best to use a different coloured oil than you normally use in the bike oil tank, then you can be sure that oil moves from pump to engine when you get it all back together, as the stuff going down the lines changes colour (or color, if you are an American).

Pity no-one has ever done new oil lines complete with new valves, although to be worthwhile it would even make Mike Yeadon say 'Haaaar Fkn Much?' :lol:

Or why not just ride it regularly, then a bit of extra oil in the cases won't matter after you've got off the road you live on?
ogri211

Post by ogri211 »

you still need oil lines I found a spare set these any good
Attachments
IMG_1683.JPG
Suzuki Gt750A
Kawasaki Z900 A4
Kawasaki Z1300
Buell S1 Lightning
Royal Enfield Diesel.
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

That reminds me. A couple of years ago, I bought one spare set for my GT380 for around £40 delivered, from the US. A big box arrived. One line? nope, 13 of the things!! a few for each GT triple. I have chosen the best spare for each of my GTs and sold all the others.
Cheers,
Mike
Attachments
13 sets of lines!.JPG