Wheel rims and spokes

The KettleClinic forum, it is free to become a member and free to use, we have additional information available to all members.
If you have not joined yet, do it now.

Please note the email for the signup should arrive within 15 minutes, if not, please check any spam or junk folders, if still not arrived please contact the forum
ogri211

Wheel rims and spokes

Post by ogri211 »

, I am looking for stainless steel rims and spokes to relace my wheels on a wee 400 four I am restoring this winter, I got my spokes for my GT750 from Central wheels in the past no problems, I phoned up today to order wheel rims and spokes and some advice and got a girl on the other end of the phone who was the most unhelpful person in the Universe she wasn't willing to deal with me unless I supplied all of the details about rim sizes, spokes hubs, I said I thought you were the wheel experts and would be able to supply all of the parts for a standard 1976 Honda 400 four, needless to say I am now wanting to take my business elsewhere. I have had a look and a company Devon wheels comes recommended but their polished rim is quite expensive at £145 they do a standard stainless rim at £75 has anyone used them for wheels or could they recommend anyone else. Finally would I better be biting the bullet and buying from Central.
Suzuki Gt750A
Kawasaki Z900 A4
Kawasaki Z1300
Buell S1 Lightning
Royal Enfield Diesel.
Haggler

Re: Wheel rims and spokes

Post by Haggler »

Never used this guy but spoke to him one time at Stafford and seemed quite knowledgable. Jones restoration services www.jonesrs.co.uk Tel: 01244 377555. Might be worth talking to at least
zapo

Post by zapo »

I have always used Central and the guys tell me the bike before I have even finished putting the bare hub on the counter..............may be call again and hope for a bloke to answer :lol:
I had two stroke's and survived.
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Talk to Baz, he'll get the wheels done. A wheel is a wheel at the end of it all.
He did me 2 x SS rims & spoke sets all laced up after shiny-ing the hubs.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
nairb123

Post by nairb123 »

Last edited by nairb123 on Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
ogri211

Post by ogri211 »

I did eventually buy my spokes and rims from them as they are the best priced and My GT750 spokes were spot on , with these ones being for a 400 four they should be bang on as thanks to Mr Silver there is a lot of Honda 4s on the go it will be a bit different rebuilding a 4 stroke after so many 2 strokes.
Suzuki Gt750A
Kawasaki Z900 A4
Kawasaki Z1300
Buell S1 Lightning
Royal Enfield Diesel.