1977 vehicles now road tax exempt

The KettleClinic forum, it is free to become a member and free to use, we have additional information available to all members.
If you have not joined yet, do it now.

Please note the email for the signup should arrive within 15 minutes, if not, please check any spam or junk folders, if still not arrived please contact the forum
ogri211

Re: 1977 vehicles now road tax exempt

Post by ogri211 »

The only thing about the MOT is if you have an accident the insurance will use it as an excuse to hold back from paying out, I have heard several stories from boys with pre 1960's vehicles and the first thing the insurance asks is do you have a valid MOT even though it is not required by law, I now have 3 bikes that don't require an MOT shortly and due to the amount of money tied up in them I think it would be prudent to get them MOT ed as then there are no arguments about them being roadworthy , as you know insurance companies will do anything to avoid paying out, how many old rusty land rovers and ex farm vehicles that haven't been on the road for 15 years do you think are going to get pulled out and taxed, the insurance companies will not differentiate between these and a motor cycle that has been pampered. There is also the bike that has had a lot of money spent on it and looks good but has been put together by someone whose Engineering skills are maybe not as good as they think, think of the bikes you have bought that look good and when you look close they are death traps.
Suzuki Gt750A
Kawasaki Z900 A4
Kawasaki Z1300
Buell S1 Lightning
Royal Enfield Diesel.
senicoli

Post by senicoli »

canaletto5 wrote:
senicoli wrote:the kettle is currently out of test I wasnt going to test it for seven weeks left to may 20th test exemption date so to gain test exemption i have to test it sounds a bit pisspotical to me :? colin
Hmm, now why would an MOT test station owner say you need to get an MOT before your bike no longer needs an MOT ?... :P :tw
spot on kev some on is extracting the urine :) ;) colin
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

It's a guvmint thing. Don't expect sense.......
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
Dutch

Post by Dutch »

Took a trip to the Post Office today and gave them my V5C after writing Historic in the Tax Class box in section 7 and all hunky dory now, My Kettle is Tax Free forever. Yippeee :)

Jeff
GT750A
senicoli

Post by senicoli »

itsnotateapot wrote:It has to have a current Mot to qualify for a mot exemption, as my mot tester told me. so if you let it run out you will have to pay for mot. it is to stop people getting a free mot for bikes that have been off the road for ages.
took the kettle for MOT test today (it passed) Asked him about it having to be tested at test exemption date to qualify for test exemption he says he has never heard of it and added (quote) its a load of b#ll#cks (unquote) he is a man of few words but it clarifies it for me :) ;) colin
itsnotateapot

Post by itsnotateapot »

SUZUKI GT750 L 8-)
SUZUKI T500 M 8-)
SUZUKI GT185 K 8-)
Suzuki T500 Cobra 8-) 8-)
Suzuki GTS 500 Hybrid.
Suzuki RG250.
senicoli

Post by senicoli »

thank you that explains it all so it is a bit more than a load of b#ll#cks declare test exemption at point of tax renewal historic of course :) ;) colin
nairb123

Post by nairb123 »

Last edited by nairb123 on Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

After the 20th May - or thereabouts. I forget the exact date.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
senicoli

Post by senicoli »

Alan H wrote:After the 20th May - or thereabouts. I forget the exact date.
yes al its the 20th of may colin