GT 550 k starter clutch parts

The KettleClinic forum, it is free to become a member and free to use, we have additional information available to all members.
If you have not joined yet, do it now.

Please note the email for the signup should arrive within 15 minutes, if not, please check any spam or junk folders, if still not arrived please contact the forum
Stevengt750

GT 550 k starter clutch parts

Post by Stevengt750 »

GT 550 k starter clutch parts required as last part of rebuild to get the bike back on the road
Struggling to find the parts I require either new or secondhand.
Have tried the normal Places eBay and discount bike spares but none of them have the bits
Plenty of whole clutch assembly but none with the starter clutch parts on them . If anybody
Has the spare parts or can point me in the right direction it would be appreciated cheers Steve
barney01

Re: GT 550 k starter clutch parts

Post by barney01 »

Hi
You need to tell us exactly which parts you are after? :?
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
Stevengt750

Post by Stevengt750 »

Hi the parts I need are the large drive gear and the tin plate that is held on by the three screws as they are the most damaged but would prefer to fit a whole assembly if someone had one as there is some wear on most of the parts but could get away with reusing them (hopefully) if necessary .
barney01

Post by barney01 »

NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
Stevengt750

Post by Stevengt750 »

Thanks for the link but unfortunately someone beat me to it so still looking for the parts . Didn't make it clear to which gear I need it's the one that is driven by the starter idler gear the large one that slots into the back of the clutch not the one on the clutch housing itself cheers steve.
barney01

Post by barney01 »

So the part number you require is 12620-34003.
That is going to be hard to find. It may be more practical to upgrade to a Borg Warner clutch which is more freely available and more reliable. The early starter clutch that you have is prone to breaking up so much so that SuzukI changed the design. It can't be seen from the outside my J has a Borg Warner.
The differences can be seen here on GT-26
http://www.oldjapanesebikes.com/mraxl_G ... ins/page-2
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE