750 Engine help please

The KettleClinic forum, it is free to become a member and free to use, we have additional information available to all members.
If you have not joined yet, do it now.

Please note the email for the signup should arrive within 15 minutes, if not, please check any spam or junk folders, if still not arrived please contact the forum
malky

Re: 750 Engine help please

Post by malky »

One point that nobody seems to picked up on yet is that there is no sump on a kettle it's the gearbox and there is no way that by leaving the fuel tap on prime that any petrol can get into the gearbox - if the oil is a milky grey / beige colour it looks as if water is getting in there either from a failed o ring on the bypass hose joint or failed water pump seals - if it is petrol you will smell it plain which would indicate a failed crank seal as this is the only way that petrol can get in there
Mal.
Jacobscreek

Post by Jacobscreek »

Been a bit too busy to work on the bike. You're right about it not being fuel as I've been informed it can't happen on the GT. It's likely to be water contamination as said above. I'm gonna have a think about what to do next. There may be other issues with the engine. Not in any rush to get it sorted and am grateful for all your inputs of info, suggestions and help.
Jacobscreek

Post by Jacobscreek »

Had a short ride about today of about 15 miles while popping up the road to see Baz. No oil emanating from 'the hole' and the radiator water level hasn't dropped. I'm hoping the old oil was contaminated by accident or bad luck when in America. Only time and longer test rides will tell. Baz did say my engine sounded reasonably healthy enough. The engine has an addictive torquey feel to it. Keep your fingers crossed for me please lads lol
BAZ

Post by BAZ »

Thanks for popping round dude if the weather is ok weekend a 50-mile ride will shake it down..
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

BAZ wrote:Thanks for popping round dude if the weather is ok weekend a 50-mile ride will shake it down..
Or up........ :lol:
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
Kettletimes3

Post by Kettletimes3 »

Or out.