Garage flooring.

The KettleClinic forum, it is free to become a member and free to use, we have additional information available to all members.
If you have not joined yet, do it now.

Please note the email for the signup should arrive within 15 minutes, if not, please check any spam or junk folders, if still not arrived please contact the forum
Alan H

Garage flooring.

Post by Alan H »

I've wanted to do the garage floor for ages and (natch!) the prices for floor tiles always go up...
As an economical Yorkshireman, this has never been part of my plan to take over the world, so I've kept looking for a bargain. Noticed one on ebay over the weekend - 'free' - was the first plus point!!!
Anyway, turns out somebody near Leicester had recently bought a house with floor covering and wanted shut. It looked like conveyor belting in the pics, but he wasn't sure, but by the time I contacted him, he'd cut some of it up to go to the dumpit site (bugger!)
Nipped down yesterday and picked it up, and actually it was easier to load up than if it had still been uncut, so got it home and started the remantling - it must be the world's easiest jigsaw..
Got most of it down before I had to go out last night and should finish it off today - pics to follow when it's done.
So free carpet for the man cave, what's not to like?!
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
stevewharton

Re: Garage flooring.

Post by stevewharton »

Alan H wrote:As an economical Yorkshireman,
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That's the best interpretation of "tight yorkie git" I've ever heard, you're so funny Alan. :roll:
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Just waiting for the edge strip to be delivered then it's done. I have a carpet to go on the belting, but I need to cure a couple of oil 'weeps' on the TC200 and Hippo first when I can be arst.
Shame the 'seller' cut some of the strips, but the gaffer tape will sort that out and the carpet will cover that up as well. All for less than £15's worth of lpg. I do love a bargain!! 8-) :lol:
Attachments
20190802_160954.jpg
barney01

Post by barney01 »

Just the walls and ceiling to go Alan and your padded cell is complete! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

You could of mopped it clean before you put your priceless collection of classic two strokes scrap in there you scruffy sod :roll:
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

You must be mixing decriptives with the contents of my garage and yours. ;)
Have you got that Twatana going yet? :tw
Get rid and buy my GSX1400, although it's probly too fast for you.... :roll:
Certainly too reliable...... :D
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

Alan H wrote:You must be mixing decriptives with the contents of my garage and yours. ;)
Have you got that Twatana going yet? :tw
Get rid and buy my GSX1400, although it's probly too fast for you.... :roll:
Certainly too reliable...... :D
The Twatana aka the money pit is getting very close to being finished thanks for asking :roll:
Being honest I quite like the GSX1400 but silver is just not my colour for that bike I much prefer the blue one.
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!

Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Ancher gorra paintbrush? :?
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

Alan H wrote:Ancher gorra paintbrush? :?
Yes but I’ve been told if I use it I’ll be shot :roll:
I don’t do paintwork as you can see by my attempt on my Kawa triple many moons ago :oops:
Attachments
2A09E6CB-0B2D-4830-BDF6-59289DE20C5A.jpeg