Mystery object

The KettleClinic forum, it is free to become a member and free to use, we have additional information available to all members.
If you have not joined yet, do it now.

Please note the email for the signup should arrive within 15 minutes, if not, please check any spam or junk folders, if still not arrived please contact the forum
PaulD738

Re: Mystery object

Post by PaulD738 »

bod750 wrote:Hi Paul,
No problem, I have another tool box to go through, if see anything
I think might be of interest to you I will send you a picture .

Steve
Thanks Steve, I’ve a lathe & milling mc in my workshop and I tend to get asked to sort out machining jobs for mates. I’ve still got most of my gear from back int day but I can always make use of stuff like this.
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
mizzytheman

Post by mizzytheman »

PaulD738 wrote:
bod750 wrote:Hi Paul,
No problem, I have another tool box to go through, if see anything
I think might be of interest to you I will send you a picture .

Steve
Thanks Steve, I’ve a lathe & milling mc in my workshop and I tend to get asked to sort out machining jobs for mates.
Doesn’t get a lot of use then Paul. :lol:
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

If there was a lamp post in the Sahara desert, Paul would walk into it :lol: :lol:
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

canaletto5 wrote:If there was a lamp post in the Sahara desert, Paul would walk into it :lol: :lol:
Every time Kev :lol:
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!

bod750

Post by bod750 »

Sorry for raking up the past.... :shock: :D
Sweet Dreams!
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

PaulD738 wrote: (I served my time as a toolmaker) open goal for you there Alan :roll:
Runs in the family then Paul? Your parents must have been. :roll:

And I recognised the part - last used one in about 1968 when I was an apprentice.
In those days we had to 'sample' all department in case we had applied for the 'wrong' one.
I stuck to the electrical department..........
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

Alan H wrote:
And I recognised the part - last used one in about 1968 when I was an apprentice.
In those days we had to 'sample' all department in case we had applied for the 'wrong' one.
I stuck to the electrical department..........
Same for me Alan, I did my time :roll: at a company called international computers ltd or as most people would recognise it ICL when computers used to fill several rooms!
We had the choice of fabrication & welding (too dirty) Center lathe turner (imagine doing the same thing every day!) milling (ditto) grinder both surface & cylindrical (ditto) electrician (total mystery) or tool maker which I could see being very useful for my bike habits and aircraft modelling which I’ve always been into. Plus it meant doing summat different every day. I was made redundant at 22 went to Rolls Royce in Crewe then Fodens Sandbach until the ripe old age of 24 I took my HGV and the rest is history as they say :lol:

stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

PaulD738 wrote:
Alan H wrote: In those days we had to 'sample' all departments in case we had applied for the 'wrong' one.
Same for me Alan, We had the choice of Center lathe turner (imagine doing the same thing every day!) milling (ditto) grinder both surface & cylindrical (ditto) or tool maker
Same for me too, but although I was predominately a centre lathe turner, I never knew what each day would bring. From turning, milling, boring, grinding, welding or fitting and when on a machine, it could have been anything from the smallest Myford to a forty foot beast. So no, I can't imagine doing the same thing every day and I can honestly say that after 46 years in the trade I still got a kick out of "making and mending". The only bad thing about my job was greedy, crooked bosses :x
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

It took me a long time to realise that, however much you do, you're only a number despite how 'much they appreciate' your extra hours for nowt......

I did get my own back a lot after that. :twisted:
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
bod750

Post by bod750 »

Hi Paul,
Thanks for your PM, glad items arrived ok, been having problems sending messages from home.

Steve