Flywheel rotor repair

The KettleClinic forum, it is free to become a member and free to use, we have additional information available to all members.
If you have not joined yet, do it now.

Please note the email for the signup should arrive within 15 minutes, if not, please check any spam or junk folders, if still not arrived please contact the forum
ogri211

Flywheel rotor repair

Post by ogri211 »

Does anyone know if there is anyone who can replace a magnet on a flywheel, I am restoring a Z1300 and it has taken a knock and cracked one of the magnets, there are a few flywheels for sale one eBay but as usual there are 3 different models and there has been none for sale for my model.
Suzuki Gt750A
Kawasaki Z900 A4
Kawasaki Z1300
Buell S1 Lightning
Royal Enfield Diesel.
barney01

Re: Flywheel rotor repair

Post by barney01 »

NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
barney01

Post by barney01 »

NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
ogri211

Post by ogri211 »

Tried both of them already No Do.
Suzuki Gt750A
Kawasaki Z900 A4
Kawasaki Z1300
Buell S1 Lightning
Royal Enfield Diesel.
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Hi Ogri, I'm probably stating the obvious here, but if those two reputable companies can't help, you've maybe got a problem, but did you ask the two companies if they could recommend another firm that could do the job for you? if anyone knows they might. Other than that isn't there a classic dealer who might have the part you want, or maybe a bit pricey, but what about Kawasaki UK? You might have to bite the bullet mate and prise that wallet open :o
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
ogri211

Post by ogri211 »

Yes I asked them no one they no does repairs , the problem with the flywheel is there are 3 models early A1,A2and A3 , then a new larger one A4 and A5 ( which is what mine is the last of the carb models which a lot less were made) and DFI ones which I think may be the same but with different timing.As I don't need it until next year my plan was to keep my eye open for the right one but if it doesn't turn up I will get a Dfi and cut a new key way using my original as a template.
Suzuki Gt750A
Kawasaki Z900 A4
Kawasaki Z1300
Buell S1 Lightning
Royal Enfield Diesel.
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

I'm sure you'll sort it one way or another :D
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

There's one on ebay for a Z1300 A5 for £104.99 or make an offer. Two wheel spares item number 311400091308
ogri211

Post by ogri211 »

wrong one.
Suzuki Gt750A
Kawasaki Z900 A4
Kawasaki Z1300
Buell S1 Lightning
Royal Enfield Diesel.