GT 380 Fuse Blowing

The KettleClinic forum, it is free to become a member and free to use, we have additional information available to all members.
If you have not joined yet, do it now.

Please note the email for the signup should arrive within 15 minutes, if not, please check any spam or junk folders, if still not arrived please contact the forum
barney01

Re: GT 380 Fuse Blowing

Post by barney01 »

Oil choice is a personal decision. Some go semi synthetic and some go mineral only. I always use the same fully synthetic but thats my personal choice. The general rule is not to mix fully synthetic with mineral as it causes something called 'glooping' which is akin to clotting and will affect delivery through the pump.
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
yeadon_m

Re: GT 380 Fuse Blowing

Post by yeadon_m »

Did you ever solve the fuse blowing problem?
This happened to me decades ago & an old AA man tried for ages to solve it, he couldn’t. I sat on it and suddenly he had it. As you bump up and down on the shocks, a loop of wires from the voltage regulator rubs on the front of the swing arm and eventually wears through the loom wrapping, the wire insulation and a yellow shorts, blowing the fuse. When I rebuilt it, I carefully removed the AA mans insulating tape, mended the wires and it’s never happened again!
Cheers,
Mike