generator rotor

The KettleClinic forum, it is free to become a member and free to use, we have additional information available to all members.
If you have not joined yet, do it now.

Please note the email for the signup should arrive within 15 minutes, if not, please check any spam or junk folders, if still not arrived please contact the forum
kawonda750

generator rotor

Post by kawonda750 »

I am splitting the cases and have all the bolts etc removed. The crank lifts with the lower case at the rotor. I do not have a puller and was hoping to just leave the rotor on and am sure that the crank rebuilder will be able to get it off. Does the rotor have to come off for the cases to separate or is the seal just sticking to the lower case?
Thanks Dave
PaulD738

Re: generator rotor

Post by PaulD738 »

If I remember correctly the front wheel spindle has the same thread and can be used to jack the rotor off the crankshaft. Someone will be along shortly to confirm.
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

I mentioned in your first thread that an intro always got more replies.
You didn't, sooooooo. Think about it.
You seem to have had this issue on Sundial since 2012, so are you the invisible man? :roll:
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

Alan H wrote:so are you the invisible man? :roll:
Who me :roll:
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

PaulD738 wrote:
Alan H wrote:so are you the invisible man? :roll:
Who me :roll:
Who said that? ;)
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
canaletto5

Generator rotor

Post by canaletto5 »

kawonda750 wrote:I am splitting the cases and have all the bolts etc removed. The crank lifts with the lower case at the rotor. I do not have a puller and was hoping to just leave the rotor on and am sure that the crank rebuilder will be able to get it off. Does the rotor have to come off for the cases to separate or is the seal just sticking to the lower case?
Thanks Dave
Hi Dave. Welcome to the forum. You can leave the rotor on but if you want to remove it then I recommend you read up on it in the Haynes manual or have a look at this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTuws0hwPhg

Kev
teazer

Post by teazer »

http://pinkpossum.com/GT750/Crank%20pullers.htm

Crank can be removed with rotor still on. The seal is sticking to the lower case.