Lowering a gt750

The KettleClinic forum, it is free to become a member and free to use, we have additional information available to all members.
If you have not joined yet, do it now.

Please note the email for the signup should arrive within 15 minutes, if not, please check any spam or junk folders, if still not arrived please contact the forum
Alan H

Re: Lowering a gt750

Post by Alan H »

nathern wrote: I'm also looking in to sourcing a pair of "height increasing" motorbike boots but they seem to be only available in the USA and are expensive.
I'm sure Richard has his done locally at a cobblers.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

Alan H wrote:
nathern wrote: I'm also looking in to sourcing a pair of "height increasing" motorbike boots but they seem to be only available in the USA and are expensive.
I'm sure Richard has his done locally at a cobblers.
Scaffolding by Taylor-Wimpey
widget

Post by widget »

My missus bike is lower. Though that is mainly cos it has 17” bandit wheels.. it also has shocks that are shorter. I gave Hagon the dimensions of the wheel / swing arm extended and on full compression and they sorted the length out..

Yes it’s true that ground clearance has been compromised, but not to the extent that she doesn’t ‘have fun’ on it..

Others I know have done the shorter shock, and dropped the yokes down the forks. Take care if you do that too much , as on full compression the mudguard does get quite close to the exhausts.
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Talking to Richard yesterday - he dropped the front forke through the clampe about 3/4" and that made a difference, but it made the bike harder to put on the centre stand.
He didn't want to post as he's been self isolating and the mask is affecting his typing.
So has his painting........
finger.jpg
Proof that four strokes are over complicated