Mag Wheels

The KettleClinic forum, it is free to become a member and free to use, we have additional information available to all members.
If you have not joined yet, do it now.

Please note the email for the signup should arrive within 15 minutes, if not, please check any spam or junk folders, if still not arrived please contact the forum
bod750

Mag Wheels

Post by bod750 »

Does anyone know if the Mag wheels of the late 70's GS550 and 750, I also think the 400 had them as well, would be a straight fit into the Kettles swinging arm?

Cheers Bod750
yeadon_m

Re: Mag Wheels

Post by yeadon_m »

Bod,
I'll confess I don't know, but for sure you would either need a drum braked alloy wheel or a lot of modification to accept a rear disc brake setup on the Kettle! I vaguely recall that the switch to alloys on the GS models was swiftly to disc so even if this is possible, there might have been only a small number of drum braked alloys if any. www.alpha-sports.com / Suzuki parts is a decent site for spotting how the Suzuki model setups changed through time.
I've seen Kettles with alloys, but do not know whether fitting was easy or not.....someone will happen along with a better answer soon I hope,
Cheers,
MikeY
bod750

Post by bod750 »

Thanks for the info, must admit all the ones Ive seen on ebay have been for rear disc fitment.

Bod750
Bluehazebrakes

Post by Bluehazebrakes »

i have a set of gs wheels rear is disc, think i have the caliper and master cylinder to match open to offers
Ketlechris

Post by Ketlechris »

I think someone told me that the GS750 swingarm fits the kettle ? If it does it would simplify the disc installation !
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

KC, well it might, but you will still have to address cable vs hydraulic actuation of the brake - pivots, master cylinder mounting, linakges....you really need to want to do this badly to go through the pain ;-)))
Bluehazebrakes

Post by Bluehazebrakes »

easy pal use the kettle brake arm and mount the cylinder on the rear down tube need to weld 2 luggs to carry the cylinder
patrick

Re: Mag Wheels back to spoke wheels

Post by patrick »

Hi im a new member ive got a 74 GT750 with GS 550 or GS750 wheels and swinging arm with disc brake,im going to remove these parts if you are interested.
bod750

Post by bod750 »

Thanks, a chap not far from me says he has a set on a gs400 which has a rear drum
so I check them out and see if they are a straight fit.

Cheers Bod750