plug caps,anorak question

The KettleClinic forum, it is free to become a member and free to use, we have additional information available to all members.
If you have not joined yet, do it now.

Please note the email for the signup should arrive within 15 minutes, if not, please check any spam or junk folders, if still not arrived please contact the forum
2strokejohnny

plug caps,anorak question

Post by 2strokejohnny »

what are the original plug caps on the kettle please,are they chrome like the ones i got or are they ngk ones,if ngk what colour and code should they be,my chrome ones are giving me problems and don't seem to fit that brilliantly causing a misfire unless i hold it down,cheers.
Suzuki GT750B
Suzuki GT750K
Triumph T100 Unit Bonny
BAZ

Re: plug caps,anorak question

Post by BAZ »

Metal plug caps from a FSIE Look fit and work perfect, they come in dull Zing but will buff up like chrome! And will not give any problems with summer use only
Attachments
IMG_3656.JPG
2strokejohnny

Post by 2strokejohnny »

where can you get these from ? any ideas
BAZ wrote:Metal plug caps from a FSIE Look fit and work perfect, they come in dull Zing but will buff up like chrome! And will not give any problems with summer use only
Suzuki GT750B
Suzuki GT750K
Triumph T100 Unit Bonny
BAZ

Post by BAZ »

yamaha dealer
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

Another brilliant tip! I didn't know this. My Kettles both have caps like those you pictured Baz - except mine are dull zinc. Guess what I will find a happy half hour doing....eventually!
My GT380 had red NGK plastic plug caps but I don't like the look and went for LB05F type (L for L-shape, B for Black, 05 for 5ohm or is it 5kohm, F for non-ferrule ends) , available from any good NGK site near you. Dunno if NGF sell shiny ones, never looked....clearly yamaha do though
2strokejohnny

Post by 2strokejohnny »

my gt380 has red ngk ones as well,in the 70's the first thing i done on my gt380 was to remove the metal ones cos when it rained it kept misfiring,me mates also removed theirs as one of them touched them while on the move and got a shock,so we all binned them,i looked on evilbay and there is a metal one for sale £27.50 !! just ordered some red ngk ones http://www.trialsbits.co.uk/product_inf ... cts_id=277 £2.10 each,cheers john

yeadon_m wrote:Another brilliant tip! I didn't know this. My Kettles both have caps like those you pictured Baz - except mine are dull zinc. Guess what I will find a happy half hour doing....eventually!
My GT380 had red NGK plastic plug caps but I don't like the look and went for LB05F type (L for L-shape, B for Black, 05 for 5ohm or is it 5kohm, F for non-ferrule ends) , available from any good NGK site near you. Dunno if NGF sell shiny ones, never looked....clearly yamaha do though
Suzuki GT750B
Suzuki GT750K
Triumph T100 Unit Bonny
korkyskettle

Post by korkyskettle »

hi all, now mine played up in the rain in the 70's, so i broke the metal covers off them!!! guess what was underneath??
RED NGK plug caps!!!!!!! bye 4 now john
2strokejohnny

Post by 2strokejohnny »

i remember doing the same thing
korkyskettle wrote:hi all, now mine played up in the rain in the 70's, so i broke the metal covers off them!!! guess what was underneath??
RED NGK plug caps!!!!!!! bye 4 now john
Suzuki GT750B
Suzuki GT750K
Triumph T100 Unit Bonny
BAZ

Post by BAZ »

I thought electrocution was just what you needed. It has a posh name Electrosis. But don’t worry think do it under anaesthetic now. Mr Certifiable