strip or not strip, YOU decide.

The KettleClinic forum, it is free to become a member and free to use, we have additional information available to all members.
If you have not joined yet, do it now.

Please note the email for the signup should arrive within 15 minutes, if not, please check any spam or junk folders, if still not arrived please contact the forum
didge

strip or not strip, YOU decide.

Post by didge »

I think I've been barking up the wrong tree with my timing.

Along the front of the two crank case halves is a row of small bolts holding the cases together, two of the bolts were sheared but I was adviced (NOT from anyone on here) that because of their such low torque it wouldn't matter, so I bolted it all together and now it leaks water from there, I was gonna try and cure the leak from the outside (frost restoration does a sealer called "S100 oyltite" that you push into such a problem from the outside. but a mate of mine has suggested I can't get the bike started because it could be sucking in air messing up the compression.

Wadda ya all reckon ?

If I hear "nah, that'll be ok" then oyltite it is,
if I hear "needs the motor out, split them cases, get then broken studs out cos that's why it wont start" then guess what I'm gonna be doing Easter.
I might add I think I know the answer already.
Cheers Gentlemen.
mark.read3

Re: strip or not strip, YOU decide.

Post by mark.read3 »

Had a similar problem on one of mine but it was only a stripped thread on one, hadn't got the time to strip it all down again so just whacked some jb weld into the hole put bolt back in and let it set .. gotta be worth a shot. Dont think its got owt to do with your engine not starting though.