vm32 carbs ????

The KettleClinic forum, it is free to become a member and free to use, we have additional information available to all members.
If you have not joined yet, do it now.

Please note the email for the signup should arrive within 15 minutes, if not, please check any spam or junk folders, if still not arrived please contact the forum
mark.read3

vm32 carbs ????

Post by mark.read3 »

think i may need to clean my main jet ?????
BAZ

Re: vm32 carbs ????

Post by BAZ »

I’ve seen worse! Petrol can turn to powder after a few years. This is just at the treacle stage! You will need hell of a lot of cleaning to sort. Best to get them Ultrasonically cleaned. Good luck!
suzukiboss

Post by suzukiboss »

Why should you rebuild this ? Looks great. You shouls see my mother-in-law..
suzukiboss

Post by suzukiboss »

Question from many GT owners : In the DVD it is shown that the gasket sits in place when you shall measure the float height. Could that be right ? And another question : Shall the bowl-lip be at the toutch point or shall the weight of the bowl lay on the bowl-lip when you set the hight ? I also looket at the DVD that they soldered the hole. Would it be right to do that, I am thinking on the weight on the bowl ?
BAZ

Post by BAZ »

Set the float height just as shown on the DVD and I promise it will be ok. Remember though if you use aftermarket kit set to 26mm. I would recommend a new float. Only use solder in emergency! I carried out a lot of tests before making the Film. By measuring amount of fuel in the float chamber. Cheers BAZ
suzukiboss

Post by suzukiboss »

No complaining, just asking. I learned, 32 years ago, that the gasket must be taken out and the carburator must be in an angel there the touch point on the bowl-flip touches the needlejet. Then you can measure the hight. There are 3 different sets on the market. One packet in Orange from Keyster, one in a plasticbag with Blue cardboard and one kit from Alpha Sport that comes in plastic bags marked with " Suzuki ". Can someone tell me the difference on the 3 sets ? All are marked " Suzuki GT750 L > B ".
mark.read3

Post by mark.read3 »

do's it really make that much diff ? It's a 1970's 2 stroke bike . Think like a 1970's 2 stroke person.
suzukiboss

Post by suzukiboss »

Here is a friendly answer. I am just wondering. And if there is no question, there will be no answer. Get it ?
mark.read3

Post by mark.read3 »

Sorry , you've lost me with that one.
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

Dunno about float height setting on GT750s (as quite new to Kettles in 2009) but I've owned GT380s continously since 1978 and I awlays set using the 'just touching' method, ie tilt the carbs till the float needle is just in contact with float tang, and measure from top of float to gasket surface, no gasket. Works for me (on 380s). Setting fully inverted made it far too rich!
Cheers,
Mike
GT380B, GT750A (in bits), GSX1400