The KettleClinic forum, it is free to become a member and free to use, we have additional information available to all members.
If you have not joined yet, do it now.

Please note the email for the signup should arrive within 15 minutes, if not, please check any spam or junk folders, if still not arrived please contact the forum
mark.read3

Post by mark.read3 »

When you going to get the avatar bit up and running propely ?
Bluehazebrakes

Re: Avatar

Post by Bluehazebrakes »

what is it?
mark.read3

Post by mark.read3 »

“An avatar (अवतार, from the Sanskrit word for “a form of self”) is a computer user’s representation of himself/herself or alter ego, whether in the form of a three-dimensional model used in computer games, a two-dimensional icon (picture) used on Internet forums and other communities, or a text construct found on early systems such as MUDs. It is an “object” representing the embodiment of the user. The term “avatar” can also refer to the personality connected with the screen name, or handle, of an Internet user.”
BAZ

Post by BAZ »

Enabled!
2strokejohnny

Post by 2strokejohnny »

there you go
Last edited by 2strokejohnny on Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Suzuki GT750B
Suzuki GT750K
Triumph T100 Unit Bonny
didge

Post by didge »

Where do ya all get your avatars from, I found one, a nice red suzuki "S", but its 100 X 100 and the biggest I can put here is 90 X 90.

( 2strokejohnny, I think the purpose is for fast recognition to whose posted what, although I'm probably wrong cos I'm not very good on the ol' PC. )
mark.read3

Post by mark.read3 »

Hi Didge, You can use any jpeg picture you want as an avatar. You just have to use your paint program to shrink it down to the required size. I know i had to muck around with mine several times before it would accept it.
Barrys a bit more clever on the old pcs. Maybe if you ask him nicely he might shrink it for you.
BAZ

Post by BAZ »

Email it to me baz99w@netscape.net and I will shrink it. Make sure its ok with her indoors!
didge

Post by didge »

Baz, that avatar can be found on the second page here,it's the only suzuki one,

http://www.freeavatarsonline.com/avatar ... ycles1.php

if you can't find it I'll email the picture in the week when I'm on my own pc , thanks for trying, I really am the crappiest crap thing when it comes to the computer, laughingly I'm the moderator on our vjmc site, I'd be ****ed if I had to do anything on it, DER.

Did you get my PM about the parcel you sent me ?

Cheers again, Daryl.
didge

Post by didge »

That's a nice avatar you got yer self there Baz, where the hell did you find it.