GT 750 HISTORY

The KettleClinic forum, it is free to become a member and free to use, we have additional information available to all members.
If you have not joined yet, do it now.

Please note the email for the signup should arrive within 15 minutes, if not, please check any spam or junk folders, if still not arrived please contact the forum
bandit 1

GT 750 HISTORY

Post by bandit 1 »

hi all new to the forum and its great i bought my gt750 earlyer this year and have now striped it to restore her just wondering if any of you know any history on this bike any info would be a great help reg no KRV301P I look forward to meeting some of you in the new year at some of the shows hopefully thanks andy
BAZ

Re: GT 750 HISTORY

Post by BAZ »

Welcome to the forum Andy. This is the place to come for quality restoration help and friendly chat. Good luck with finding the history. Maybe we could organise a meeting in the summer. A few people have mentioned this. Cheers BAZ
bandit 1

Post by bandit 1 »

sounds good to me baz
didge

Post by didge »

You can buy it's history from first registration from the DVLA Bandit, as long as you are the registered keeper, I'm not sure what form you need but I did it for my GT250K, at the time it cost a fiver so I can't imagine it'll be fortunes now.

I'll have a look see and dig it out later to see if it gives any clues what you need to ask for.

What about a "where are they now" section Baz for all us sad cases that would like to know what happened to our old kettles ?

(welcome to the forum too)
didge

Post by didge »

Had a rummage and found it, there are photo copies of all the logbook/v5 transfers, and all the previous owners names and address's, dates of changes,engine and frame no's, original colour, etc etc.

I believe it's called a "vehicle record" (not surprisingly) and on the top of the paperwork I have it says " reply to fee paying enquiry, VQ7/1 "

Hopefully that'll help.
BAZ

Post by BAZ »

I have created a new section I hope it will help you to find your old bike's cheers BAZ
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

The form to download and send off with the fiver to DVLA is a V888, I just sent one off for my GT750A history.
Apparently they say you need a valid reason for wanting names/addresses/dates of all POs, so I'll have to wait and see if I get the info.
Cheers,
Mike
bandit 1

Post by bandit 1 »

many thanks to didge & yeadon idid see this form v888 on dvla web site and i will down load and fill in many thaks again for your input andy
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

Let us know how you get on and how long it takes for DVLA to respond one way or the other! I'll do same re 750A history request,
Cheers, Mike
Canterbury
(aka yeadon_m)