UK Kettle Club

The KettleClinic forum, it is free to become a member and free to use, we have additional information available to all members.
If you have not joined yet, do it now.

Please note the email for the signup should arrive within 15 minutes, if not, please check any spam or junk folders, if still not arrived please contact the forum
swarrans

UK Kettle Club

Post by swarrans »

When I first got my Kettle a friend recommended I joined the UK Kettle Club, which I did and found it useful - until I found this site which is much better imho.
So I didn't renew my membership (or the paid for UK CBX Club having found the free International ones).

However, I still viewed the website of the Kettle Club just out of interest but now they have made it Members Only - do they have a death wish, I would have thought it would put people off joining if the website was closed off for non members?
Perhaps they are trying to appeal to the sort of people who like "Members Jackets Only?"....

This is a great site and has been super useful to me and equally I hope I have contributed a little with my posts on Chrome plating..

Simon
Alan H

Re: UK Kettle Club

Post by Alan H »

I was told some time ago that it was kettles only - so never bothered.
Now I know that SOME of the members aren't anal, but........
Suzuki OC forum went 'members only' as well, so same goes there too.

UK CBX club was ok when I had the 'C' though.

Anyway, I like this one, even if I can't understand Scotch and one or two others!
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

Simon,

Same history for me with them, though they did let me join when I only had a 380!

Some very helpful members, and some not so much.

This is a very good forum here.

Cheers,
Mike
nairb123

Post by nairb123 »

Same history for me with the UK kettle club. I joined back in the late 90's or so. Very useful info on dealing with issues on the build of the gt750L. But I have several makes of bike... yamaha/honda and even an Armstrong .... so paying to belonging to an exclusive club is limited. I only paid for 3 or 4 years.

I do pay for the vjmc each year since its open to ALL makes & types of bikes and the bike dating service is good.

Each to their own I guess.
KETTLE BOY

Post by KETTLE BOY »

I never joined the kettle club, I was about to join. But after talking to a few people that had problems, mainly with once joining, having problems logging on to the sight.. maybe it's all changed now?
But to lock people out, that are thinking of joining, not a good thing to do.. if thinking of joining, and not getting a taster of what's on, the site, doesn't fill you with much hope.. this site is free. & full of knowledge, & help, & let's not forget, the recommended services section.. ha Mike..:lol:
GT750 J 1972
GT750 L 1974
Z900 A4 1976
ZZR1100. 1998
Breville Sandwich Maker
I'm never wrong.. Once I thought I was, but I was mistaken.

Rhencullen

Post by Rhencullen »

Funnily enough, I've never bothered with the Kettle Club either, although I am a member of the GPZ900R club - which also has a membership fee. This is a more reasonable £5 though, and like Baz, the ' main man ' is very helpful and uses the site to promote his 900R spares business.

I actually think a modest fee is a good idea TBH as it ' guarantees ' genuine member interest and makes it more of a ' proper ' club with people meeting up in the real world as well as on line.
1977 Suzuki GT750B - 2003 Honda CB1300 - 1979 Honda CBX1000
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Well, I know that people will find this hard to believe, but I'm one of those who support this site by donation.
So there, mer.Image
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
BAZ

Post by BAZ »

What.........
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

Alan H wrote:Well, I know that people will find this hard to believe, but I'm one of those who support this site by donation.
So there, mer.Image
A doggy bag from the Marmaris Grill does not count as a donation
mizzytheman

Post by mizzytheman »

Alan H wrote:Well, I know that people will find this hard to believe, but I'm one of those who support this site by donation.
So there, mer.Image
That's possibly the statement of the year. Either that or my IPad is broken or the Portuguese wine has got the better of me. I'm rubbing my eyes right now In case I've misread this.......no, it's still there. I think someone has spiked my drink. I'll have to recheck this post in the morning just to double check I've read it right. I have taken a snapshot of that comment in case I need evidence. I'm sorry but I'm off to bed as this is quite a shock to the system. Hang on let me check that post again ........sugar it's still there, I think I feel ill. Going to bed now as I need to recover.