Something to do

The KettleClinic forum, it is free to become a member and free to use, we have additional information available to all members.
If you have not joined yet, do it now.

Please note the email for the signup should arrive within 15 minutes, if not, please check any spam or junk folders, if still not arrived please contact the forum
canaletto5

Re: Something to do

Post by canaletto5 »

I've missed out the boring etch prime, fine filling and grey prime stages. I've gone for a much finer flake basecoat this time to match the Suzuki finish. I've also used a much greater air to fluid mix to give a smoother finish to apply the candy coat to. This is the first coat of basecoat so is patchy
IMG_1680.JPG
mizzytheman

Post by mizzytheman »

Does you misses know you've got her pink hair dryer or is that yours.
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

mizzytheman wrote:Does you misses know you've got her pink hair dryer or is that yours.
All mine (after I broke hers) :lol:
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

Basecoat complete (three on the top, two on the underside.) I've candy coated the underside mainly to see how well the dye goes on. Once again, I've used a greater volume of air to fluid mix which has also given a much smoother and more even coating.
IMG_1681.JPG
It is quite a trial applying candy, you have to be very disciplined not to dwell with the gun in one place too long. Anyway, seems good so will be painting the main event tomorrow (Friday beer permitting :lol: )
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

canaletto5 wrote:I've missed out the boring etch prime, fine filling and grey prime stages. I've gone for a much finer flake basecoat this time to match the Suzuki finish. I've also used a much greater air to fluid mix to give a smoother finish to apply the candy coat to. This is the first coat of basecoat so is patchy

IMG_1680.JPG
Speak English man :o
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

PaulD738 wrote:
canaletto5 wrote:I've missed out the boring etch prime, fine filling and grey prime stages. I've gone for a much finer flake basecoat this time to match the Suzuki finish. I've also used a much greater air to fluid mix to give a smoother finish to apply the candy coat to. This is the first coat of basecoat so is patchy

IMG_1680.JPG
Speak English man :o
Ermm.... I've adjusted the fluid flow screw inward on the back of the gun so there is less paint in the air flowing through. It helps atomise the paint into smaller droplets.
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

No, none the wiser :lol:
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!

Alan H

Post by Alan H »

More puff, less stuff.

You have to explain in less technolologicackle terms Kev, they aren't very smart from the cheesy county.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

Alan H wrote:More puff, less stuff.

You have to explain in less technolologicackle terms Kev, they aren't very smart from the cheesy county.
Like what Alan said :lol:
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

If you had said that in the first place I would have understood :oops:
Me & paint don't get along very well! Here's a pic of my first (&last) paint job :o
It was Kawasaki racing green & white btw
Attachments
image.jpeg