I've suddenly got a horrible vibration!

The KettleClinic forum, it is free to become a member and free to use, we have additional information available to all members.
If you have not joined yet, do it now.

Please note the email for the signup should arrive within 15 minutes, if not, please check any spam or junk folders, if still not arrived please contact the forum
Alan H

Re: I've suddenly got a horrible vibration!

Post by Alan H »

Well, a mate of mine is an ex copper - fairly high up. We shoot together (no, not like that - clay pigeons usually) and spoke of that sort of stuff.
He reckoned that if 'billy burglar' came around and you shot him - no wounding as if he was only 'hurt' he would get a barrister on legal aid and stuff you bigtime - so make sure you kill the sod (billy, not the barrister, although a dead barrister as well would be a big plus), then put the biggest knife you have in the kitchen in his hand (after wiping it clean of your prints of course) and then ring plod.
When they get there, you just say 'I was in fear of my life and defended myself with the means at my disposal'.
Now if that happened to be the 12 bore that you had been cleaning earlier and put under the bed instead of in the gun cabinet, then that's hardly your problem is it, being scared shit witless would be quite a natural thing, wouldn't it?
Just make sure you stiff the tw@t and don't just leave him bleeding.
You may gather that I haven't much interest in the prolonged health of burglars or any other scumbags that want to take things that I own.

And for once, I'm not kidding.

Image is available on ebay for instance. Looks good on the front and back doors.
People are too keen to avoid upsetting folks nowadays. Intercourse Political Correctness.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
mizzytheman

Post by mizzytheman »

swarrans wrote:It vibrates the same way with the bike not moving so it is an engine not chassis thing.

Truely depressing day today as apparently this is a professional group of thieves that break in to houses with outbuildings, take photographs of what's there to then come back and steal to order. A local guy disturbed them stealing from his house and was badly beaten by the mask wearing scum - it appears the law is powerless to stop them so I basically just have to wait for them to come back and steal all my stuff. Perhaps I should try and sell everything before they come back?

Simon

BTW Alan a local farmer took your shotgun approach with burglars and is now inside for a 20 year stretch so whilst I would dearly love to put these scum away perhaps it's not worth it...
Okay, that's the rear wheel eliminated. From memory the only things moving in the engine is the crankshaft and everything connected to it and the main shaft. I don't think it will be the rotor but worth checking. Also worth checking the starter clutch. The only other thing I can think of is the clutch. If the center nut has come loose then that would cause vibration within a certain rev range.

As for the thieves, be firm but be carefull.
Roger Ackery

Post by Roger Ackery »

:evil: 100% with you Alan , deal with it whilst the scum bags are on your property,pursue them down the street & hurt them is when things can go "pear shaped" for you in Court :evil:
Cheers,
Cheers.
Roger
GT750A.
Scotch750

Post by Scotch750 »

Wuh, Al, I too have the same view as you on intruders (great series in the sixties).
I would definitely shoot them back into space....balls. If they tried nicking my stuff. Oh, sorry that was The Invaders. (a quin martin production !) :lol:
Any road up. As like the nickers, you have to do the job right and KILL the bastuds or they bite you back with no justice given to you ! Good ay it ay !
I too have a lot of "friends" (actually I do) in the force and they have said what Alan's mate has said to him. No more to be told.
Protect the protected !!!
Goodnight.
Scotch. X.
swarrans

Post by swarrans »

Tricky when it is a gang of 5 thieves - you'd need an assault rifle to get them all....
I confess I feel really violent right now but having seen what happened to the farmer in the local village who shot and paralysed an intruder, is now in prison and all his immediate family had to go into hiding or re-locate to Oz (the intruders were "travelling folk") I don't think direct action is an option. I'll just out in as much extra security as possible and then ring 999 if it kicks off.

Still might sell though....

Simon
Roger Ackery

Post by Roger Ackery »

:tw gee I get peeved enough now with people who plonk their kids on the seat of my bike for a photo opportunity,... without asking me first....don't know what I'd do if I caught someone stealing it :evil: :roll:
Cheers.
Roger
GT750A.
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

Simon,
This is awful, so sorry to hear about the 'prospectors'. I agree all you can do is either sell or nail stuff down. My bikes are padlocked to a concreted-in ground anchor and heavy duty chain or cable supposedly resistant to cutting. Anything can be cut given enough time and bother, but I was told a good tip is just make it 'too difficult' and they'll more likely do some other poor sod's shed.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OXFORD-ANCHOR ... Swcu5UUf~S
...sort of thing. 10mm diameter 100mm long concrete rawl bolts, allen headed, and you get a set of ball bearings to peen into the allen once its done.
On the vibes, one more thought is are the engine mount bolts loose? the engine naturally vibes at certain RPM and this is normally soaked up somewhat by the rubber bushings, but if the bushings are worn out or if the bolts have loosened, I expect it would flap about rather more than it should?
Cheers,
Mike
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

Going slightly off topic here, Mike mentioned the rubber engine mounts being worn out? Does anyone know if it's possible to change the rubber inserts without removing the motor first?
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

As the mounts are in the engine, then yes but with pissing about. All bolts out except 1, then jack the engine up gently so it pivots on the remaining bolt. Easier on the 550 without all the hosepipe gubbins of course.
Last edited by Alan H on Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

Ta, thats wot I fort :roll:
I bought a full set off Baz when I first got the bike with the intention of doing a full resto. When I started cleaning it up I thought it was in such good original condition I would just do a clean up and repair what wanted repairing. I found em the other day so I thought I might as well use them. After all they are only original once!
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!