bolt torque information

The KettleClinic forum, it is free to become a member and free to use, we have additional information available to all members.
If you have not joined yet, do it now.

Please note the email for the signup should arrive within 15 minutes, if not, please check any spam or junk folders, if still not arrived please contact the forum
bkelly

bolt torque information

Post by bkelly »

HI I have a 75 GT750 my clymer manual does not seem have a decent Bolt torque spec page , i found one online but it is blurry , could anyone send me a link to one , thank you,
Brent/Canada
Alan H

Re: bolt torque information

Post by Alan H »

A nice intro would be good before asking for things.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
astrax

Post by astrax »

bkelly wrote:HI I have a 75 GT750 my clymer manual does not seem have a decent Bolt torque spec page , i found one online but it is blurry , could anyone send me a link to one , thank you,
Brent/Canada
Hi Brent
Welcome to the forum

As Alan mentioned a short intro always goes down well and a few photos of your bike/bikes.

We did start creating a few pages with torque setting, but nowhere near completed yet, not enough hours in the day
Forum members pages

Do check the number seems sensible before you do up tighten up a bolt to that value, in case there has been a typeo.

Thanks
Ian
oldjapanesebikes

Post by oldjapanesebikes »

Suzuki put out a Service Bulletin with some general torque specifications. It is General Bulletin #25, and I have it on my site on this page. 8-)
==================================
Ian
https://www.oldjapanesebikes.com
bkelly

Post by bkelly »

Hi thanks for the replys, yes for sure, i been trying to get it running for the end of the season as my other bike had a head gasket leak and wasnt going to be usable for a bit. well theres one week left on my insurance so even thought its tuff to let a season go I probably will keep at doing a more thorough go through on my GT and get hear ready for next year, I had picked it up last winter from a local guy who sort of was flipping it . i hadnt ridden for 15 or more years but a while back picked up an older yamaha and glad to be enjoying what was a big part of my life as a youth, The G caught my eye - really nice look to it for me, this one has 24,000 miles and running well but was sitting on the coast for ever so cosmetically its pitted on the chrome , I got a bunch of 73-74 parts from a guy that restored one and am going over mine /adding what is best , i may end up fully taking it apart to the frame , for now im doing rad lines / brake lines carb cleaning/ steering bearinfgs and tires plus lots of cleaning / fresh pipes just keep gooing over it as i do . ive ordered a different manual for me, here are a couple current photos the tank and side pnls arent original to the bike, the other photo is as is beside my yamaha all over the garage. thanks for the torque links ill keep in touch and some updates , Brent
P1020582.jpg
IMG_2057.jpg