Petrol Tank Flap KLM model

The KettleClinic forum, it is free to become a member and free to use, we have additional information available to all members.
If you have not joined yet, do it now.

Please note the email for the signup should arrive within 15 minutes, if not, please check any spam or junk folders, if still not arrived please contact the forum
RichardsMorphy

Re: Petrol Tank Flap KLM model

Post by RichardsMorphy »

Photobucket back on........going by the little I know about these things, I don't think either are any use I'm afraid, one has some distortion from the lugs, (more than likely from being forced back), and the other isn't great either :(

However, you're welcome to use them if you think you can, it's going to be a while before my GT will be any where near putting the tank back on anyway.

I don't know how close to the original your mate wants to go, I've seen other plastics people go as far as to reproduce the part number and I think it all get's a bit "dodgy" once you go that far, (Suzuki GB seem to be very hot on repro stuff too)..... but a simple copy that looks right would probably help a few owners out who can't get one at all.

I can take some closer-up pics if needed.

Cheers, Drew, (must change my userrname) :oops:
Drew. '75 GT750M
roborm

Post by roborm »

I am really sorry Drew I have only just noticed this last posting as it was on a new page.
Would you be able to sell me the one you don't need and I will forward onto Martyn for him to assess, then I could use it myself after.
Also do you have a spare hinge for it that I could buy?
Thanks
Robert
RichardsMorphy

Post by RichardsMorphy »

Hi Robert,

you're welcome to the spare one, maybe you could donate something to the forum? I'll leave it up to you.

Just let me know where to post it, email the address to drewsk.e.vitch@gmail.com

I'll have a look to see if I have a spare hinge too

Cheers, Drew.
Drew. '75 GT750M
roborm

Post by roborm »

Many thanks Drew
thibbledorf

Post by thibbledorf »

Just posting as a 'want to buy once they are made'. I'm looking to put together a tank so I have the proper tank together for my M. It has an A tank right now with the big cover, I have sourced a dent free tank, cap, and just need the flap, then I'm ready for it to go to the painter. -Eric
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

Ouchy price but an intact piece.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Suzuki-GT750- ... Sw44BYPC-V

Kev
thibbledorf

Post by thibbledorf »

That price is why I want in on this potential re-cast. :ugeek: I don't need to sink that much money into a flap
roborm

Post by roborm »

Just to give an update, I now have a flap from Drew, so spoke to Martyn at Prototype Plastic Components but he will not be able to work on it until next January/February as he is moving premises. I will update the forum when I have more news.
Robert
rodent

Post by rodent »

Does anyone know if anything ever came this?